Menu
Smurf1
Superfast
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Cancel broadband

Not sure if this is in the right section, but after the way VM treat people, who cares ?

I have been trying to cance my broadband as the upcoming price hike is not worth the service level i get. We have been having the net cut off for anything from an hour up to a full day, but VM always deny any line issues or problems.

I cannot cancel as the number provided by VM to do this ( 0345 454 1111 ) does not work.

I have rang this number at least six times and all that happens is the call seeming to connect then it cuts ofrf without even ringing once.

I have messaged VM and had a reply saying they will get back to me within 28 days ! USELESS !!!

I have sent a text message and had the same reply, 28 days ! USELESS !!!

How am i supposed to be able to cancel when none of the avenues provided to do so work ?

I will NOT be held to ransom by VM, i will cancel the direct debit if i need to do so and then VM will be chasing me,i may not answer their call tho, see how they like it !

So anyone know how to cancel when you cannot get hold of ANYONE at VM ?

There isn't even an address i can find to write to VM, i was pointed to the page it's supposed to be on but guess what, no address listed.

VM treats it's customers with contempt and a total disregard as long as they get their money they do not care !

Sololobo
Community elder
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancel broadband

See section N: of the VM T's&C's: https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services#end

N. Other ways to end this agreement

1. In addition to your rights to cancel during the cooling off period, either you or we may end this agreement at any time (including during or at the end of any minimum period) by giving the other 30 days’ notice.  You can provide notice and end this agreement under this provision by:

1. dialling 0345 454 1111 from any phone (for information on how much this call will cost from a Virgin Media home phone visit virginmedia.com/callcosts.  Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary); or

2. writing to Virgin Media Sales Operation Support, Diamond Plaza, Daleside Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG;

Use a recorded or registered postal delivery service which will provide proof of receipt.

Don't just cancel your payment as doing so may affect your credit rating for 6 years!

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.
0 Kudos
Smurf1
Superfast
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply Sololobo

Writing is the old way of doing things.

VM provide contact details using the phone, they do not work and as the post takes ages, and it takes VM even longer to reply i figured cancelling my direct debit is the way to go.

I have done it with other companies ion the past with no detremental effects to my credit rating.

All VM have to do is pick up the phone and speak. They are THE WORST company i have ever had the misfortune to be associated with. I want the cancellation done asap as my new service starts on the 1st Feb and i do not intend paying my new provider and VM when i wont be using VM.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@Smurf1 wrote:

cancelling my direct debit is the way to go.

I have done it with other companies ion the past with no detremental effects to my credit rating.

That may be the case, but unless you've done it with Virgin Media before, I would suggest this is a risk.

Whether that's a risk you're willing to take, is something only you can decide.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Smurf1
Superfast
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

More than willing, to get away from this second rate service from a second rate company.

chrischick
Tuning in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Can only agree, stuck on hold listening to the [REMOVED] autotuned muzak myself trying to cancel. Nothing they offer will keep me, even free service for ever, sick of this Company.

Smurf1
Superfast
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Totally agree with every word chrischick

My problem is that the phone number doesn't even work so i never get to hear the "muzak" !

What a shower of [REMOVED] this company is !

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Smurf1
Superfast
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Well it seems that the mods on this forum move a lot faster than the so called "customer service" does.

They soon edited a word that was, after all, just characters and not the actual spelt word.

Come on mods, get VM to sort out issues as fast as you do and all will be rosy in the garden.

0 Kudos
chrischick
Tuning in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Cheers Smurf1, the numbers were not working for ages and then had me on hold for 30+ minutes to speak to a human, who then dragged out the conversation, giving me flannel to keep me. I have my disconnect date now though and it feels great. Like 20+ years of being in an abusive relationship over 😉

Good Luck.

0 Kudos
Smurf1
Superfast
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Phone number still down.

I sent a text message just after 1pm today and have only just had a reply to it.

Mind you my response to it still has not been answered for 15 mins now.

What a shambles !!!!!!!

0 Kudos