cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel and my partner join as new customer, same bank account, different address

TBON108
Joining in

Hello all, 

Following on from an excellent thread with a similar name I'd ask my question and hopefully the likes of @BFULLER1 can help! 

Been an account holder with VM for years, got the M100 package with TV and phone. After much argument with them 12 months ago, my contract is set to almost double in price. We're moving home and are looking to stay with VM for the internet speeds etc.

If I can't haggle them down due to the previous fighting, can my partner sign up in her name, at the new address, but still pay from the same join account?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

can my partner sign up in her name, at the new address, but still pay from the same join account?

Legally, yes.  We don't have joint accounts with VM, so she is a new customer at a new address.  I wouldn't have thought that the same bank account as you would be a problem (although this is VM we are talking about).

Bear in mind you can't transfer email addresses, you'll have to return all the existing kit and your wife will have to wait on VM to provide kit, and if there's not an existing connection at the new property, you may want to acquaint yourself with posts in the forum about the sometimes months-long delays in getting VM installed when a new cable is needed.  I think the record for delays past the originally promised install date is currently over eleven months.  

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

can my partner sign up in her name, at the new address, but still pay from the same join account?

Legally, yes.  We don't have joint accounts with VM, so she is a new customer at a new address.  I wouldn't have thought that the same bank account as you would be a problem (although this is VM we are talking about).

Bear in mind you can't transfer email addresses, you'll have to return all the existing kit and your wife will have to wait on VM to provide kit, and if there's not an existing connection at the new property, you may want to acquaint yourself with posts in the forum about the sometimes months-long delays in getting VM installed when a new cable is needed.  I think the record for delays past the originally promised install date is currently over eleven months.  

Andrew

Many thanks for the prompt reply. Partner and I aren't married (yet?!) so dont have the same surname which reading, I believe helps...
Not interested in transferring the email address, but frustrating about the kit, but not the end of the world. Fingers crossed on the installation front!

All the best,

T

clowns202
On our wavelength

Have you considered what the competition offers in your new area?

_ _ _my_background _ _ _
Former VM customer of 15+ years. 1Gig, xl TV and phone packages. Finally gave up after months, and many hours, of trying to get them to fix things. Never seen a company like them!

BT 900meg full fibre BB, TV, Netflix + HomePhone+free calls with all support in UK. (£94 all in)

Prevously o2> Vodafone 5G Unlimited sim & 2x Vodafone 5G 100GB sims. (£50 all in)

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you comfortable that your partner will pass Virgin Media’s credit check?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks