Menu
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Cancel Virgin after starting switch

Hi.

I'm just after some clarification on my current situation.
Current services with Virgin are broadband and phone.
I am within the last 30 days of my contract with Virgin (ends 1/3/21) and have started a switch to a different ISP (switch date is 26/2/21). I am retaining the phone number so that is also being switched to the new ISP.
I only realised last night that because the new ISP is on the openreach network I have to cancel Virgin seperately. So I called 150 earlier and was told that because I already have a terminiation date (I think this was the term used) for the phone line, I have to now wait until the 27th (day after switch) before calling back and canceling any remaining services (broadband).
Is this correct? I've assumed because the broadband is on a seprate network from the phone line that it could be canceled seperately, but I could be completely wrong.

Any help or info would be great, thanks.

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancel Virgin after starting switch

a few things re this.
1) your phone line MUST be active for a number port to happen and can't have a cancelation request on it
2) if you are on a package removing the Internet from the package will start a new minimum term contract.

So my guess would be you would need to give your notice to cancel the BB after the number port as happened
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancel Virgin after starting switch

Right, I guess I'll wait until the 27th to call back then.

Thank you for the info, and for the quick response.
0 Kudos