Menu
LFX
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Cancel TV & phone package

Hi,

I do not use the TV package at all - I've not used it in almost a full year. Can someone please get in touch with me on cancelling this package completely. Telephone package is also never used & can go too. I only require the Internet package. I've sat on a phone for a total of around 12 hours trying to get through to someone but I've yet to have anyone pick up at the other end.

I've just had a letter through today saying my package bill will be going up in price too - so I'm paying even more for packages I never use.

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancel TV & phone package

Hi @LFX

Thanks for posting I am sorry to hear you're having issues getting through to our customer relations team.  We're investigating this issue.  At this time we cannot assist with cancellations or package adjustments on the community.  We would ask if you can please text our  support team on +44753 305 1809. Our customer relations team will be able to do a review of your account and make the best offer they can. Please bear in mind the response will not be instant, but our team will get back to you.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
LFX
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lee,

Just to paint the picture - I have been out of contract for some time, I do not use the TV & I do not use the landline.

I pay around 54.99 per month for the lowest tv package, the lowest phone package and 100mb broadband.

I have relentlessly been asking for a broadband only package to support via text message & just today they have told me that if I want to cancel my TV & Phone and upgrade my broadband to 350MB that it will now cost me 74.99 per month...and that 200mb will be around 67.99 per month.

I must have my DNS poisoned because https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/broadband/deals are showing completely false prices.

My only option is to suck up at pay 54.99 for 2 packages that I do not use, and ignore this '27.99' price on the website, because according to the virgin media support team, these packages do not exist.

I am furious to say the least

0 Kudos
LFX
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I've now been dumped back in the queue and someone will likely get in touch with me tomorrow to run through repeating myself.

If i cancel EVERYTHING and sign back up with a new contract, can i actually get anywhere near the prices on the website?

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi LFX. 

Thanks for posting. My apologies for this. The team will come back to you asap. Regarding cancellation and re-joining, you'd need to give 30 days notice and then have three months no service before re-joining as a new customer.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos