Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Cancel Services Broadband TV and Landline

I need to cancel services as I have moved.  I have tried calling, over one hour waiting time, live chat does not answer my question when I request to pay off my account. I have even raised a complaint which was never answered despite as supposed 48 hour response time.  To what address for customers services do I need to send a postal notice of cancellation? After that, isn't it illegal to take money for services not used when notice of cancellation has been given?

0 Kudos
Superstar
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancel Services Broadband TV and Landline

Hi HE121,

You can write to them to as per the terms and conditions. If writing send it by registered post.

Virgin Media Sales Operation Support, Diamond Plaza, Daleside Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG;

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services#end

You could also try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of cancellation  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues 

If you are still in contract there may be some early cancellation fees

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/early...

You will need to let VM know your new address .

Hopefully this will shed some light on how the final billing works.

When you cancel by  giving the 30 days notice period your are billed up until the date of disconnection. In this time if another bill has been produced before your disconnection date it will show that your are going to be charged for the month going forward. 

Once your disconnection goes through any advance charges on your account will be refunded back to you and you will receive a final revised bill with the correct amount owed.

If you are left with any credits on your account after the disconnection of your services you will be sent a cheque refund 45 days after disconnection.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos