cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel Package

deeann
Tuning in

I am not sure if I am on the correct message board so apologies if not. 

I had an email from virgin stating I could cancel a package without charges before 15th feb as it was increasing in cost after then. Seemed straight forward so I rang to cancel.  After numerous attempts I got through and was told by a chap overseas that I had to take out another package instead. He offered me the sky sports & movies and i said I live alone & do not watch football.. and I repeated several times, NO.. i just want to end the current package. We cannot do that, he said. After 30 minutes or more I was so ground down with figures and numbers (and I could not hear him properly as he spoke too fast) and I had an appointment so when he said I had 14 days cooling period, I just agreed as i  knew I could and would cancel.

Today I rang up and spoke to cancel the sports she asked if that was said yesterday. Then..even more confusing..she said I did not have the sports & movies package and that I should ignore the virgin's emails and contract. And that my previous package has not been removed.  I have the contract in front of me stating what i have signed up for and also stating my previous package (sky cinema) has been removed. When I told her that she just repeated..ignore their emails!  I am at a loss what to do now but I must cancel this latest package as the cost goes far beyond what I can afford.  Any advice would be much appreciated and I do apologise for the lengthy moan. I used to cope with Virgin but I am at that age when I struggle!  Should I write to them?

2 REPLIES 2

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

the wonders of offshore - theres a few posts on here with similar stories

you can write - but why should you have to when the process should be simple - if you do its the Sunderland address

try this and dont go any further if you are not speaking to a UK agent - even then some have made leaving difficult

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - 'thinking of leaving us' - open 8am -10pm 7 days a week - should take you to a UK call centre

i will flag the thread to VM - they cannot normally deal with cancellations on the board but they should [at last] be able to confirm what changes - if any - have been made to your account

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi deeann,

Thank you for posting, and very sorry for any confusion over your package and what was agreed.

So I can take a closer look at what's happened I'll need a few more details from you, so I've popped you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm