Menu
kevino81
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Can you take a holiday on your contract?

Suppose your going away for 9 months and ud like stop paying since the house will be empty.

Can you suspend your account and then just reactivate?

I mean after your contract has expired and is rolling. 

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Can you take a holiday on your contract?

Simple answer. No. You either pay or cancel. Possible, you might try and downgrade to a basic and cheaper package. Phone VM.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

kevino81
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I mean if you out of contract there shouldn't be a cancellation fee.

Do they charge you just to end your contract??  That can't be legal. 

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

You are never out of contract with VM. But VM will not charge you for alterations or cancellations if your promotional period has ended and you don't have an initial promo discount on your account. Contract change and early termination fees are in your contract and are perfectly legal if disliked.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
kevino81
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes. I'm talking about just leaving then.. Nothing early termination - just simply ask to leave.

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Phone VM on 150 VM landline or VM mobiles. Call is free. Or use 0345 454 1111 on any other line - may be chargeable. Select "thinking of leaving "option. You will asked to return all your equipment. And you need to give 30 days notice for which you will be charged. One consolation you might be eligible for new customer deals when you return. But also don't forget that you will lose your VM email addresses (if any) 90 days after you leave.

0 Kudos
kevino81
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks.

Never use the e mail address.

I will use it right up to the last day then let them disconnet me.  (TV,  broadband and land line)

I'll rejoin when i return to the house.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi @kevino81,

Thank you for your post. We're here to help.

I'm afraid that you would be unable to put your contract of services and the monthly payments on hold. Regardless as to how much or little the services are used, you would be charged for the services monthly as normal.

If you wish to discuss potentially downgrading your package during that time to reduce the costs then I'd recommend getting in contact with our retentions team, who you can reach by calling 150 (free of charge) from a Virgin Media landline or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone.

If you wish to cancel then you would need to speak with the same team and they can advise you of your options. If you're no longer within an agreed minimum term then there wouldn't be an early disconnection fee to pay, but cancellation takes 30 days from the date of request and you'd be charged as normal during that time.

Let us know if there's anything further that we can help you with.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos