Menu
stacybennett
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Can't wait to leave!

Am I the only person who can't wait for their contract to end ... Customer service is terrible! You would think with the continuimg price rises, Virgin Media would use some money to trian their "Overseas" staff! Going to Sky very soon, prices are lower and yes I know after 18 month they will increase, but Virgin give you no incentive to stay Smiley Sad 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't wait to leave!

Hello stacybennett,

We're very sorry to hear you're unhappy with the service we offer and that't you're looking forward to leaving us. This is very disappointing since we're always striving to improve customer experience and provide a high level of training to all of our staff, regardless of their location.

If you'd like to discuss disconnecting your services, it would be best to get in touch with our customer relations team who can help. It's 150 from a Virgin Media phone or 0345 454 1111, option 1 then 4. Lines are open between 8am and 10pm, Monday - Friday and between 8am and 6pm, Saturdays. You can find full details of the procedure here: http://virg.in/leavingVM.

Best,

Michael_JK
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
ddrunner
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't wait to leave!

couldn't agree more.

was on the phone to an engineer about my slow internet speeds. I wish I hadn't now. It has been a litany of problems since. 

He asked me to attach my laptop to an ethernet connection I explained that most modern laptops don't have ethernet ports anymore, he appeared to be upset by this. He said he's send me a new one! Why? I inquired.. so you can test internet speed he responded. I pointed out again my laptop does not have a standard ethernet cable port again, no problem he said. Guess what I received in the post today? Yep, a standard ethernet cable. He then booked for someone to call me the following morning. They did, to say I had been sent an ethernet cable. In the meantime, I noticed the next months bill was going up by £40 to £121 despite agreeing a new deal in June 2019 for a twelve month contract. The agent explained I should have been told it was only three month and that I had got it wrong, or the previous agent should have explained this clearly to me. (this too about 45 minutes) I complained that I had been missold my package and therefore wanted to cancel it and get a basic service, she (the agent) then transferred me to customer services. I held for ages for customer services, told him the situation , to be told the same story. I then pointed out that my last 2 bills it clearly states my discount is until Jun 2020, only at this point did it stop being my fault for not understanding the agreement. This took another 45 minutes. He said he need to put me back to sales to see if my original package was still available!! held for a good 20 minutes, spoke to sales who said I needed to talk to 'customer services' again as they're the only ones that can change my bundle. AAGGGHH! Held for 35 minutes and was then cut off!!! 3hs plus of my morning gone. I called back 6, yes 6 times! The phone wasn't answered at all. I waited a few hours then called sales, I figured they might actually pick up if Virgin thought they might secure a new sucker! It worked, someone picked up, I explained my desperate situation, and was transferred to accounts.. I was skeptical anyone would pick up, amazingly after about 5 minutes (super quick for Virgin given my experience thus far) I got through. I pointed out the issue again, he immediately understood that my contract had been changed and my discount removed. By guess who??? The engineer I had been speaking to the night before !! I asked him how this was possible - why would someone in engineering have access to my account beyond technical support?? He couldn't answer the question, in fairness, he seemed as perplexed as I was.

God knows what my phone bill is going to be having called from my mobile (non virgin so 90 151 option) I was offered £5 for my trouble raised to £10 when I said how derisory this was. 

After accepting I was asked if I was happy to close the case, I said I wasn't and that I wanted to know why teh engineer had taken it upon himself to cancel my discount.. a bit of back and forth, including speaking to his manager but eventually gave up, I needed to do some work. The first agent called me at 9.45 am. It was now nearly 2pm! 

I have put the june date in my diary for June 2020, my contract will expire and I will be free! 

0 Kudos