cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't verify to access My Virgin Media

vrgnmdiausr1
Joining in

Hi, I am unable to verify My Virgin Media. I have tried logging in several times, requesting password resets etc. etc. - the emails hardly ever turn up and the few that have result in errors (incl. errors the tech team over the phone did not recognise / could not help with) or say that the email timed out, despite not getting it in my inbox for ages.

I suspect this might be because I used an email address with a '+' in it when setting up my Virgin Media package, though to be fair emails from that side of things have always come through just fine.

I have already tried to resolve this over the phone, but I have to spend ages on the phone and the agents can only follow the instructions they know to try. When the emails don't show up they get stumped. I thought the email address I tried to register with had been changed while on the phone, but trying to login / re-register today seems that that has not happened, at least not in the way the agent described it. 

Can someone please help me to finally get into My Virgin Media? And please can we skip your scripts about clicking links in verification emails etc. to save us both time.

5 REPLIES 5

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @vrgnmdiausr1,

A warm welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post.

It is great to have you on board with us 🙂

I am sorry to hear you've had some difficulty verifying your online account and you've not had much luck over the phone.

I would love to take a closer look into this for you so will pop you a PM now to confirm  some details.

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope icon in the top right hand corner of your page for my message.

Speak soon!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your time via PM @vrgnmdiausr1,

I'm so pleased we could get this resolved for you and now you can access your online account. 

If you need help with anything else, don't hesitate to give us a shout. 

We’ve also got lots of self care help and tips in our Virgin Media mobile app and our Help & Support area.

All the best!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

I have this same issue can you please help.

Hi bosunjohnson, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us although I am sorry to ehar you are having an issue with registering for My VM. 

We can certainly check this out to you but in order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Thanks replied now.