cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't speak to VM about replacement Hub, Adaptor and engineer visit.

Go_analog
Joining in

Hi

Just joined. Have an email saying phone will not work after 5 April and dial 150 or 0345 454 1111.

Tried phoning many times and the phone menu goes into an effective dead end, asking for characters in an account password. Referencing my login password for characters does not work.

I do not have access to a smart phone.

A clue might be the billing email which is for Broadband and phone anytime so is fixed month to month, but clicking on the "View this bill" just opens an empty browser window with link:-

[MOD EDIT: Link removed by request]

4 REPLIES 4

Dinger
Dialled in
The link took you to my account details although I had nothing to do with the post. Why was the link there

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Go_analog wrote:

Hi

Just joined. Have an email saying phone will not work after 5 April and dial 150 or 0345 454 1111.

<snip>

Is the email message to do with VM's phone switchover?

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Phone-Switchover/gh-p/Switchover

Do you need a hub swap because you have an old Superhub at the moment (without a phone socket on the back)?

If you view the info at message #2 here

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Cancellation/m-p/5223354

it shows how you should be able to reset your telephone password for calling VM

Alternatively wait for a few days and a VM forum team member will reply here and assist.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Dinger wrote:
The link took you to my account details although I had nothing to do with the post. Why was the link there

The link has now been removed by moderation but most likely was just to a billing section in 'My Virgin Media' if you clicked on it, it would bring up your own MVM/billing info.

Hi @Go_analog thanks for your post, although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised regarding the phone switchover.

We aren't going to be cutting off your landline, we're just changing the connection and instead it's going to go through your Hub, rather than your standard landline socket.

We'll send you an adapter so you can connect your landline phone to your Hub directly, in good time before the switchover!

For more info please see here and if you do need any further help, please let us know!
Many thanks

Tom_W