Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Can't register for online account

Our rental flat's internet account was switched to my name around 8 weeks ago, but since then I have been unable to sign up for an online account (in order to set up direct debits etc.). If I try with my normal email address, I can't get beyond the screen where you enter a password, write your security question etc., it just keeps saying 'some information is missing or incorrectly entered'. If I try with a different email address (my work account), I can get to the next screen (where you choose preferences for child lock and virus protection), but then get the error message, "We are not able to set up your my Virgin Media account at the moment". Something must have partially got through, as I received an email to my work address saying 'Welcome to e-billing', but I can't log in with these details, nor have I received a bill. The situation is further complicated however.

I filled in the email form for Transfer of Responsibility and received an email confirming the account had been transferred (indeed, the internet works fine), but have received nothing since - no contract, no bills etc. When I've phoned Virgin to inquire why I'm not able to sign up for an online account, I am unable to access the account. Clearly, for whatever reason, the password the new account was set up with does not match the one I gave in the ToR form (my surname was also entered totally incorrectly, although the address does appear to have been correct). The telephone help team are therefore unable to help me as I don't have the account information they require - the only answer they can find is to send a letter confirming the account details. Unfortunately, four of these letters have been promised, but none have ever turned up - I suspect for the same reason that I haven't received a bill either (whatever that reason might be). This leaves me in a difficult situation - I can't access the account, the Virgin help team can't access the account, but all postal communication seems to never reach me. Can anyone suggest a way forward?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't register for online account

Hi Howlettn, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Really sorry that you're having an issue accessing your online account as well as receiving documents from us, this is disappointing. 

It's certainly something we can have a closer look into, but to do this we'll need to pop you a personal message and take it from there. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi mate, 

Can you just check to see if this works for me please? 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ryan,

No, I still can't sign up - get the error message "Some information is missing or incorrectly entered. Please check below and try again" on the screen where you enter a password, security question etc.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It always highlights in Yellow or Red what is missing. 

Are you able to provide a screen shot of the error please? 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ryan,

I'll send you a private message with the screenshot

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@Howlettn So, how did you fix the issue in the end? I could never sign up to an online Virgin Media account and even left the service because of that. I wish I had found this forum earlier! It's weird nobody on the phone support service pointed me to this place, even when I said I had pictures/screenshots to send them to help them fix the issue.

Anyway, there are several threads like this and all of them have been solved (or at least processed) via PM, so there is no solution publicly available, and each user experimenting it will have to either open a new thread or reach tech support directly by phone, which defeats the purpose of the forum. Could you please check how the different threads were solved:

- https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Unable-to-register/m-p/4061332 with John_GS

- https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Can-t-register-for-online-account/m... with Ryan_N

- also https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Forum-Archive/Some-information-is-missing-or-incorrectly-entere... but not sure who fixed it in the end, if it was by PM or call

If the solution is always the same (something to setup on the customer side), you can probably make it public so people can do it by themselves. Otherwise, you could state clearly somewhere (e.g. the FAQ) that the solution is specific to each user, so users know it's worth sending their own PM (or do an online chat, but probably not a voice call as you'd need to send screenshots).

I'm not a customer anymore, but I hope such info will help current users.

0 Kudos