cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t register for new account

emak19
Joining in

Hi

my virgin broadbands just been set up today and it keeps saying somethings wrong when trying to set up my new account, I have my customer number and area reference. I also haven’t been credited the £100 for signing up for notification of the service being switched on in my area, any help would be appreciated.

Emma.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @emak19 

Thank you so much for your first post and welcome to our Community Forums, it's great to have you here! 

I'm so sorry to see you are facing these issues signing up! Can I ask if you have tried registering on a few different browsers? If so do you always get the same error message? 

Thank you. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @emak19 

Thank you so much for your first post and welcome to our Community Forums, it's great to have you here! 

I'm so sorry to see you are facing these issues signing up! Can I ask if you have tried registering on a few different browsers? If so do you always get the same error message? 

Thank you. 

Hi Ashleigh,

Thank you……Yes, I have tried on a couple of browsers and had the same error messages 😢

Emma.

Thanks for your reply. emak19,  I've sent you a private message to confirm your account details to help your register.

Chers,

Corey C

Seems impossible to register to virgin media. Says either error or can't use that password. After 20 attempts!!  Going to cancel contract. I'm within 14 days cooling off period and no one at virgin wants to help?? 

Hi @Shaunyblue,

A warm welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting.

I am so sorry to hear you are having an issue when trying to sign up for your online account and we'd hate for you to leave us!

This is a wider issue that we are aware off and has been raised but in the meantime can you please confirm your password meets the below requirements ? :

- Between 8-10 characters

- Start with a letter

- Contain at least one number

- No special characters

Please let us know if this works or if you need more help.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I have tried about 20 different passwords., numbers /letters etc and get the same response everytime. None of them let me register. can't pay for a service I have no control over ?

Thanks for trying @Shaunyblue. It is something that has been raised with our support teams and we are hoping to have the issues resolved as soon as possible.

I have taken a look at our systems and can see you spoke with our team on 24/05 and an IT ticket has also been raised for you regarding this.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Shaunyblue wrote:

I have tried about 20 different passwords., numbers /letters etc and get the same response everytime. None of them let me register

Sorry to butt in here but there does seem to be some confusion about the maximum number of characters VM currently allow in a password.

Historically VM have always has a 10 character limit but very recently they (rather belatedly) seem to have moved to a limit of 64. However, in reality that does not seem to have percolated throughout all the VM systems at the moment.

Take a look at this thread  it's an example where  someone had the same problem as yourself https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/New-Customer-Unable-to-Create-a-VM-... 

However they found they could successfully create their account when they used a 9 character password. (I know, a 9 character password!!) Anyway it might be a workaround for you. 😉

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hallelujah, I've finally managed to register. The last tip about trying a 9 character password worked. Thank you 😁👍