Menu
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Can't register because I only have an 8 digit account number

Hello.  I'm trying to register with Virgin.  However, when I type my account number into the registration screen it tells me my account number needs to be 9 numbers but my account number is only 8 numbers.  I've tried to message Virgin but the "bot" doesn't begin to understand virgin's problem.  It eventually asks if I want to be transferred but a confusing message then appears which says Virgin will get back to me in the next 24 hours (but Virgin doesn't know who I am as I've not been able to register).  I'm a vulnerable customer DoB 25.09.1937 and my daughter is unable to get through to me on my phone (constant engaged tone) and she can't enter my house because of COVID restrictions.  Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't register because I only have an 8 digit account number

Hi DGBloom, I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with the registration, You are correct it will need to be 9 digits and to get around this you will need to start the account number with an extra zero at the start and it should allow this to work for you. Let us know if you have any issues with this? ^Chris

0 Kudos