Menu
chaoshusky
Dialled in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Can't quite make the payment

After recent and also long lasting problems with Virgin, things are starting to be resolved. However unfortunately you set the direct debit date over a week into the month, falling on the 9th of June and i don't get paid until the 10th. Unfortunately, whilst i thought i'd have enough cash to cover it for a day, i don't. I had to get shopping and thanks to literally having nothing in, this has left me with £68 to my name whilst my bill is going to be £78. A single day delay would mean i don't miss payment. Is there anything i can do about this or am i going to have to point out that my landline still doesn't work after 5 years and i'm still not migrated, plus my TiVo V6 box appears to be dying (it won't turn off from white light to standby red, i've power cycled it and it won't do anything!)

I still have plenty of grounds for trading standards to get involved, regardless of the previous help, so i'd appreciate it if we could avoid further mess and stress, a phone call or any help is appreciated! My account number ends in 9105 Area Reference 30. My cash flow issues should be sorted within the next few weeks due to finally getting rid of a leech in my life as well!

Kind regards,

Lee

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't quite make the payment

Hi Lee,

Have a quick chat with the Collections team.

The info below is taken from virgin-media-missed-payment 

"You might find that you’re going to have difficulty keeping up with your Virgin Media payments if your circumstances have changed. We’re here to support you with that by talking through payment options you can take in order to keep your services.

We have options to help you, depending on what situation you’re in. They can vary from giving you those few extra days to pay your bill, to offering you a reduced service for up to six months so that you can stay with us while paying back what you owe in an affordable way."

You can call our dedicated Collections team on 0800 052 0360 from any phone. We’re open Monday to Saturday, 8am until 6pm, except for Bank Holidays where we’re open from 8am ‘til 5pm. We’re closed on Sundays.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
DABhand
Super solver
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I would get in contact with your bank to put on a temporary overdraft to cover the payment, all Direct Debits have the amount requested usually 5 days before it leaves the account. So it would be requested around the 4th.

Once your bank puts on the overdraft it would be a case of getting paid on the 10th and taking off the overdraft again. I doubt you will be charged for the one day.

Then ask for VM to reschedule the DD mandate for a date after the 10th after they take a payment on the 9th as there is nothing they can do in that 5 day span once the money is requested. If you set it to the 12th your first payment will be a bit more to cover the 3 days extra, then it will go to normal again.

Majide!
0 Kudos
Laurie_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi chaoshusky,

Thank you for getting in touch, and a very warm welcome back to the Community Forum! I'm really sorry that you're having this issue.

Have you been able to speak with our Collection Team at all? If so, were they able to help? Please let me know how you're getting on, and I would be more than happy to look into this, and to advise further.

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team
0 Kudos
chaoshusky
Dialled in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Be able to speak with anyone? Hah, you must be joking. I raise a complaint and don't get a phonecall for weeks, then one attempt warrants closing them apparently! I posted here i feel in enough time to have had you delay the taking of a payment by ONE FREAKING DAY! Now you've left me up sh*t creek without a paddle, wouldn't have been so bad if i'd been asked when i wanted the Direct Debit payment taking! I guess Louise forgot that one...

Now to make matters worse i have -£13 in my account as you didn't delay the payment like i asked on here! I get paid tomorrow, so now i can't even go out and get the most basic things i needed, bread and milk! I have no arranged overdraft, normally this isn't an issue! I did get a slightly better deal after an annoying amount of hassle, however my V6 box is still dead and now i can't even buy a loaf of bread! I tried to get through to you lot, but not a chance! Your online chat doesn't even work most of the time. The problem is you have the monopoly in this area when it comes to the fastest broadband, though i have noticed from October last year latency has doubled! And please, if i ever do actually get a new V6 box, now i've been given "Maxit TV" which...actually doesn't leave me all the channels available, can you please make sure that awful device *doesn't* fill its own hard disk all the time with "suggested" and "recommended" crap? Can you also ensure it doesn't start deleting programs of its own accord?! Right after finally thinking i'm getting somewhere, i now have a TiVo shaped paperweight! I planned on going to the shop later to get a few items..now i can't!

If i were considerably less sane, i almost feel like making an adapter that connects a mains feed straight to your co-ax port on my wall and see how much smoke comes out the green box across the road! That might make you move your arse! And i bet my Telephony will still show "disabled" too! Even though i was supposed to be migrated at least 18 months ago according to Louise who handled my previous complaints.

Absolutely useless! Though British Gas were far worse..

Lee, suddenly miss being stuck on TalkTalk for years!

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for getting back to us chaoshusky,

I'm very sorry for the situation, and that you've not been contacted regarding your complaint.

If you do need to contact the collections team you can reach them on 0800 052 0360.

So I can take a closer look at the complaint I've sent you over a private message as I'll need a few more detail from you (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

chaoshusky
Dialled in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you very much Alex! That was most unexpected..i go to bed (at last) annoyed, wake up, decide to check my bank and...you reversed the charges! Thank you so much! I haven't been back from the shop long so i felt it necessary to hop on here and say thank you!

I get paid in literally 4 hours so i'll attempt to pay off my bill then and see if i can set up a Direct Debit as well.. I thought i was going to have recovered by now but, hopefully, in the coming couple of weeks my finances won't suddenly be so...lacking!

Additional: my TiVo V6 box has come back to life, but is "lagging" quite badly at times and i have heard the classic "click of death" come from its internal Hard Disk a couple of times now... Oh dear...

Should i start a separate thread regarding my box? I've dry dusted the unit, reconnected everything and let it sit powered off for half an hour.. That finally let it start back up after two days of being stuck with a blank signal and white power LED.. Also, i'm guessing there's no way to recover the shows recorded on my old box should i end up with a replacement?

Kind regards and thanks again,

Lee

0 Kudos