Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Can't login

Hey so I've been trying to login, it says I need to verify my email but when I click on the link it says "Sorry we can't confirm your username". So I tried to reset my password, that didn't work either. Tried mutliple browsers and clearing caches etc. Also got same message a week ago. I tried calling today but got cut off after 30 mins on hold. Just atrocious customer service from Virgin as always. I need to change my broadband package as it runs out next month. Help me please!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't login

Hi there @Ih8branson

I am sorry about the issue with your online account - if you're looking to change your package, then please do pop us a text message on 07533051809 and our Customer Care team will be more than happy to help you out.  They can also check your MyVirginMedia issue. 

All our call centres are really busy at the moment, so it could take us a while to answer your call and we're asking customers to only call us in an emergency to allow our more Vulnerable customers to get the help they need. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your response.

Just to be clear I only called because I could not login. Believe me I do not want to call Virgin under any circumstances unless I absolutely have to. I just don't understand why Virgin has to make everything such an absolute nightmare. Customers are treated with total contempt and the website is not fit for purpose even at the best of times. If I text that mobile number will I be asked to call the same number again (I think this has happened in the past) or can they fully service my account via text message?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for popping back - Sorry that you've been struggling to get the help you need and having some issues logging into your account at the moment. 

We are able to fully service your account via the text messaging service @Ih8branson - they'll also be able to check and assist with your online account. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Well, I tried that number and got a response from a bot who sent me to a "care triage" advisor, who told me he couldn't help but would pass me on to the cable team.  That was three hours ago and no response since. Tried to call again and and got cut off again after 25 minutes on hold. Just a joke really. I mean you have to try really hard to deliver such an appalling service standard across the board so congrats on being the worst.

I just want to either cancel or modify my broadband package and don't understand why this has to be so difficult. Is there no other way you can help me directly?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Whenever I text that number as soon as an advisor responds they say I need to be passed to another department, even tho I have already explained to the bot that I need to speak to cable department about changing broadband package. Then nothing happens for hours. Please help this is so frustrating and I will be making a formal complaint. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Sorry Ih8branson, the team on messaging number that you were given earlier are the best team to contact to arrange for your package to be changed, we are unable to change any packages over the forum.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

But they don't reply??

So to recap:

I can't get through on the phone. 

I can't login, despite trying multiple browsers, clearing caches, and downloading the app. 

And the text service you referred me to does not respond. 

So how am I to cancel or renew my broadband? Am I supposed to just let it roll over onto a higher tariff because I could not get through any of your comms channels? And then pay a disconnection fee to have it cancelled??

Surely trading standards would have something to say about that. 

Please PLEASE just fix my access to my account so I can sort this for myself. 

Again, utterly abysmal service from Virgin. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Im having the same trouble logging in and the username not confirming. Cant get any help, have been trying for over a week.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Fisherfisher,

Thanks for posting. I am sorry to hear of the online account issue. 

I'll drop you a PM now to get some details.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos