Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Can't login to My Virgin Media

Hi there, 

We started a fibre broadband contract with Virgin Media almost a year ago. 

I can't remember if we set up an online My Virgin Media account or not. I've tried logging in with the email address we registered with, and just registering for an online account, but I keep getting errors.

Can you help?

I tried to login, but it didn't work, so I clicked 'Forgot your username?'. I entered the requested details, then this message came up:

'We've found you: We've found your My Virgin Media account, but your old username is no longer valid because you don't have a Virgin Media Mail address anymore. Click 'Continue' to check we've got the correct details for you and to choose a new username.'

My Virgin Media account error1.PNG

Is a Virgin Media Mail address an email address? Have never had a Virgin Media email address. I clicked continue, then entered the requested details. When I use the email address associated with our Virgin Media account, this error comes up: 

My Vigrin Media account errors.PNG

So I tried a different email address. Then this message came up:

My Virgin Media account error.PNG

Our 12-month fixed contract is coming to an end next week, and we're already being charged a higher rate, so I'm really keen to login to the online account to see what our options are. Would really apprecaite some help!

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Can't login to My Virgin Media

Hi gl01

If you were able to log into your Virgin Medai account you would probably be greeted with the message:-  Oops! Something went wrong. Sorry, we’re unable to change your package online. This is common with all packages that have a discount on them.It's the way the VM systems are set up and you would need to either contact them on the text messaging service or by phone.

To use the text messaging service:- Send  a text with the description regrade  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues.  You will probably be asked to enter a few digits of your password on your phone keypad at some point, however you probably won't know your password, so just wait and you will eventually be placed into a queue. When answered by a human they will be able to ask you other questions to verify the account.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't login to My Virgin Media

Thanks for your help.
0 Kudos