Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Can't log in as password has been mysteriously changed, can't change password as page doesn't exist

Have been asked to put my issue here as the twitter customer service have asked me to and the IT report I filed was apparently closed without anyone actually contacting me like they said they would (typical **bleep**ty virgin).

So, I called virgin about a month ago as I recently moved address so a new contract was set up at my new address from September and when this was done the email address virgin put on the account was incorrect. I knew this as when I went to "sign up" and put my new contract number and area code in, I got a message saying an account already existed but the email address this account was in was incorrect. Couldn't log in and change it as it kept telling me to verify my email, but obviously couldn't do that as I couldn't access the incorrectly spelled email address so I called virgin and got it changed, no problem.

I could then log in with the correct email, but it said I "no longer had a contract", but I definitely do, I had wifi and tv that was set up in the house and working, and I had paid the bills. Again called virgin, another 30 minutes waiting on hold. They said they would look into it and someone fiddled about with my account for 10 minutes before saying they couldn't sort it and would pass it on to IT. I was given an IT reference ticket, and told someone would call me back to discuss. They even added the decoration of asking when I would like to be called, however I knew they would not bother. 

As expected no one called back. I tried again to log into my account to check if the problem had been resolved, but I am now unable to access my account. It tells me my password is incorrect now, despite it being autosaved in my laptop and phone so I know I am putting in the password I set up and previously accessed my account from. So the only explanation I can think of is whoever I spoke to messed about with the account and changed the password? I have tried to change the password but whenever I go through the steps, enter all my security questions correctly and get taken through to where I can change the password, once I enter my new password and click enter I get an error page saying this page does not exist. 

Have tried clearing the cache, have used a different browser, have tried on my phone, safari for mac, and google chrome. Still can't change my password. Its now been 2 months since my house move and the new contract and I still cannot get into my account to look at my bills/change settings. I tried to call the other day twice, and both times the call was cut off by virgin after I had been waiting in a queue so I resorted to tweeting them. The twitter page was literally useless and said the IT ticket had been resolved and closed (how when the problem is still occurring and when no one has contacted me like I was promised). 

Is someone please able to let me know how this can be sorted? As virgin customer service are an utter waste of time and have done nothing but send me in circles before eventually sending me here, even though it is virgins problem and they should be sorting it after the countless times I have called. USELESS

Thank you in advance!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't log in as password has been mysteriously changed, can't change password as page doesn't...

Hi Chloeb182,

Welcome to forums and thank you for your post 🙂

I am sorry to hear this, we can certainly get this looked at for you, I will pop you over a private message asking for some details just keep an eye out for the purple envelope 🙂
thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't log in as password has been mysteriously changed, can't change password as page doesn't...

Hi Chloeb182,

thanks for messaging with me, an it ticket has been raised and as soon as we have an update we can let you know, it can take 24- 1 week depending on the issues.

thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos