Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Can't get through to anyone on the phone, no option to upgrade broadband through site.

I don't think I have ever experienced a worse customer service experience ever firstly, this really should be looked at. Even before Corona it was dire.

I am trying to arrange to simple things and I can't ever get through on the phone to speak to someone about it, neither can I access it online.

Wifi has stopped working. Works fine through wired connections, but the router which I have had for a very long time has clearly just packed in. 

There is no way to remedy this on the phone apparently as it keeps doing a pointless line test then hanging up on me.

Need a new router.

I also would like to upgrade my broadband. The postcode checker told me I can get M600, I am on M350, when you click upgrades in your account there is no option to upgrade broadband at all for me, only to add TV channels. Even if I specifically click 'UPGRADE YOU BROADBAND', it just takes me to the same page

I find it unbelievable I need to make a forum post to try and get these very simple things sorted out.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't get through to anyone on the phone, no option to upgrade broadband through site.

Hi teknotel,

Have you tried doing a reboot, or a hard reset (60 seconds pinhole reset) of the hub to get the wifi working again?

You could try the following link for a free hub swap if you are on the hub1 or hub2  hubswap  You might see an error message though saying, "Oops somethings gone wrong" which means you would need to call in to arrange it.

There isn't a standalone 600M package at the moment. The only customers able to get that speed are those on the Ultimate Oomph package which is having a free upgrade to that speed between now and 31st March. You should however be able to upgrade to the 500M speed if it's available in your area.

You could try the text messaging service to upgrade. Just send  a text with a description of regrade  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from a Virgin landline, freephone number 0800 052 0422, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 4 (Changes to your package) but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't get through to anyone on the phone, no option to upgrade broadband through site.

Honestly this is absolutely unbelievable.

I have tried calling today, firstly it takes me 30 minutes and I speak to someone about upgrading the broadband to M500, after looking into it he says he needs to refer to another team as for whatever reason he wasnt able to do it.

Puts me through and the line goes dead after a few mins.

He told me for the router I needed to speak to tech support anyway. So I call back and decide to try tech first. I was on hold for one hour. Then I spoke to a guy, despite repeatedly explaining I have checked everything and am tech savvy he asks me what cables I am using etc, is it plugged in.

Then he says he is going to do a line test, I go on hold for 5-10 minutes and guess what, the line cuts out again!

I am seriously starting to lose all faith. I can't get the same speeds from anyone else in my area. If I could I would be gone. I have been with all of the other companies before and you have a problem, it is literally sorted by one person very quickly and professionally.

Have wasted my entire afternoon trying to arrange two very simple things to be done and literally no progress.

I am going to try and text the number you linked, but honestly whats the point when the phone just cuts out anytime they try anything that requires putting you on hold or sending you to another department.

Absolutely shocking.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi again teknotel,

Sorry to see you are getting the runaround.

It's time to ignore the middleman and speak to Retentions (Thinking of leaving us) on the above number.

They can sort out a replacement hub, and also a speed regrade if available. You should be able negotiate a new contract/discount at the same time.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos