Menu
Serathor
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Can't get through to Customer Services

Hi

Received a email, from VM telling me the price is going up again.

Inviting me to contact customer services on 0345 454 1111

However I just get "can't connect your call", over and over again.

I've never had to call, and don't really want to. cant find anywhere to chat to someone via message. Every link I click just loops me round a FAQ page.

I am paying a disgusting amount of money for broadband. And also phone, that has not worked since we moved in 2 years ago (I have not done anything about it yes, because the previous owners moved the box on the wall and fiddled with the connections, and I've only just got the time to sort it out) I can't get through to Customer services, and they are putting the price up yet again.

Is this correct, that I should not be able to get through, or is their an alternative number to call. I do not have Virgin mobile.

The thing is VM have us over a barrel, as there is no BT openreach in this area. So if I was to go somewhere else (Non Fibre only) the best speed I can expect is about 2-3mbs

0 Kudos
gerryc
Joining in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't get through to Customer Services

yeah same, 150 steady engaged tone too.  i hate how they treat loyal customers

0 Kudos
Serathor
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Even on the email it suggests I could get a better deal somewhere else. I may be small fry in that I only want the Broadband Service but my money is as good as anyone elses.
Why even give me the option to ring. if you cant staff it properly.

Call me cynical, but I wonder if VM make it purposely difficult to contact them. in the hope that I will give up and carry on paying a fortune for a shoddy service.  

0 Kudos
gerryc
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

a stopped direct debit and they wont be long contacting us lol

Serathor
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Is there anyone that can offer any assistance on this forum?

Is there anyone at VM that can help me, or are they just happy for me to shut up, and take my money.

0 Kudos
Serathor
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Well managed to get through to someone on a number I found by googling.

Very Helpful... managed to renegotiate a contract for a better deal. and an engineer for the landline
Promised a confirmation email. not to doubt the Person who I spoke to, however we will see if I get this confirmation email within the next 7 days.

Worryingly, it all seemed a little to easy, it was all done and dusted within 10 min... I hope this is sorted.

0 Kudos
napoleonsbird
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I stopped my DD too. I expect they will contact me soon enough. 

0 Kudos
napoleonsbird
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I'm having exactly the same problem. Could you please give me the number? 

0 Kudos
bikerz
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

use text service - 07533 051 809

they will respond, if not straight away, bit later, but they will - if you want upgrade, they will action it as normal - if you want downgrade or cancel, they will try to give you better deal on current package, then to say they can't downgrade if you still insist on it - they will transfer you to 'customer relations and retentions' team. another wait, but they will come back to you 100%, just like they did to me this morning and gave me cracking deal, so wait was worth it in the end

if you are sure to downgrade or cancel - ask straight away to be transferred to customer relations and retentions team, as said you will wait a bit, but they will answer eventually.

0 Kudos