Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Can't get removed from contract I didn't ask for!

Joined Virgin on Ultimate Oophm bundle in August (previously long term Sky customer)

My broadband went down in October.  Called support (took an hour+), flagged my 24 hour (weekday) service agreement on Ultimate Oophm.  Engineered came within 24 hours and sorted the problem - very good 👍

Looked at my account a week later - realised I been put on a new 18 month contract (from October) - I was very confused 😕.   £10 extra per month too - the plot thickens 🤔.  I had been signed up to something called 'Homeworks'.  Transpires this is an engineer  call out service - which mirrors what I already had in my package.  I didn't discuss or ask for anything or want to change my contract.

Called Virgin dozens of times - have had five new contracts - all incorrect - the latest two versions have put me on a new 15 year contract!

I have done two official online complaints but get emails back saying Virgin have tried to contact me - but definitely they haven't.  Virgin have flagged they will therefore close my complaints in 28 days.

Each time I ring - the person admits its terrible and a manager will call me asap.   However I never get a call back.

At my wits end - please help!  I've ended up with a 15 year contract for a more expensive service I didn't ask for.   All because I wanted my broadband fixed 😥

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't get removed from contract I didn't ask for!

Hi Jon15,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the contract term.

We do need to look into this further. 

I will private message you so we can go through this. 

^Martin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Please can anyone from community give me some advice on what to do?

The moderator contacted me a weekly ago and did not resolve my issue, they have now gone silent.

Everytime I ocntact Virgin the person says a manager will call me back within 2 hours - these call backs never happen.

I asked to speak to manager today and the person on the line hung up me, after putting me on hold 1 hour 15 mins.

I accept I'm stuck with Virgin for 15 months now but any advice how to get help for then would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jon15,

Thanks for your post, sorry to hear that you have not got an update. Have you received a call from the manager since your post?

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No - I've heard nothing from Virgin whatsoever - manager callbacks just don't happen.   I've wasted what must be days trying to get a resolution.

I've decided to follow the complaints process (Consumer Complaints Code of Practice) and wait to report it to the ombudsman once 8 weeks have passed, I'm stuck trying to get help from Virgin so only option is the ombudsman.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Jon 15 - 

Came across this and it seems to be very much in line with VM's standard operating practices. They did something similar with my partner recently, where she told them to disconnect and terminate a contract, that she wasn't willing to discuss offers or retentions deals, and instead e signed her up to a new 18 month contract without authorisation, on a totally stripped out package.

Ultimately, as you have not entered into these contracts, you aren't liable for any of the costs associated with the services. The fact you have made reasonable efforts to contact VM to have this sorted puts you on the right side of the legal system, should you wish to bring legal proceedings against them.

That said, if I were you, I'd try everything up with your existing complaints reference to their head of customer service / media team, Daniel Potts. He responded personally to my issue within 7 minutes of raising, and although he didn't action anything himself, he passed it to a member of his executive team - this will save you dealing with the standard drones at VM. 

Put all the details in an email to [MOD EDIT: Staff email address removed]

Once done, call the executive team directly to chase up any updates - 0800 052 0264. Direct through to a person, although given how many complaints a company like this has to deal with means 20-30 minute wait time to get through.

Best of luck 🙂

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jon15,

My apologies for the delay in getting back in touch. 

What I will do is private message you so we can pick this up. 

^Martin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you very much BFULLER1 for your help, hugely appreciated.  I'll let you know how I get on.

Please can I ask the moderation team do not remove the email address that will help me resolve my issue.

0 Kudos