Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Can't do anything with Virgin

Totally disillusioned right now with Virgin.

When we set up the account, I had an issue with the credit check, so the account manager used an alternate name for the credit check.  This name now appears to be the primary account holder despite reassurances that would not be the case.

Today the service dropped out as it has not been paid - presumably as the DD details were incorrect by the looks of it due to this.

I have tried to access the screen to make payment, but cannot do so as I do not have the correct payment code.  Plus, according to the bill that has arrived, despite being told by the sales person the setup charge was being waived, this is being applied.

We cannot phone in as the support staff will only talk to the account holder.

All methods of trying to contact Virgin or complain seem to fail on this account holder name being wrong.

Who can I contact in Virgin to address this matter??

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't do anything with Virgin

Sounds like you’ve been complicit in identity fraud.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there dtfrancis15, 

Welcome to forums and thank you for your first post 🙂

I am sorry to hear this, just to confirm was this done over the phone or instore? Do you have the agents name? 

Thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Originally it came via Virgin Media partners, but then someone from within Virgin contacted us to run the credit checks for us.  I don't have a name to hand but will check for the origin numbers.

I have the name of the person who made the request and undertook the checks within Virgin Media, but won't share his name publically

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dtfrancia15, 

I do not know what you mean by virgin media partners? Is this a company we are linked with?

Thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos