Menu
hogpog
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Can't create Virginmedia account.

Hi

I activated my services (broadband, tv, phone) yesterday.

I have tried repeatedly since ordering services to create my online account for web-billing etc. but it seems that as I was a VM customer several years ago at the same address your system won't allow me to create a user account.  The previous account must've been registered to my VM email address at that time; as I no longer use the VM email address I want to create my new account using a non-VM email address.

Can you please advise how I can create my account to allow me to check my bills, manage services etc?

Thanks

hogpog

0 Kudos
hogpog
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't create Virginmedia account.

So, after a lot of to-ing and fro-ing I've finally been able to create my user account for web billing etc.

To create the account I ended up choosing the "use virgin media email address" option as my username, create the new VM email address, continue with the register process, and I can now sign in to my Virgin Media account.

Still think it's strange that I couldn't use my non-VM email address as my username/login for VM services, especially as my non-VM email address is still showing as the default contact email address on my Virgin Media account when I sign in to my VM account.

hogpog
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't create Virginmedia account.

Just to update, once I had logged in using the newly created virginmedia email account I was able to amend the login/username to my non-virginmedia email address.