Menu
Emsiejayne
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Can't change my direct debit details

How do you change direct debit details please?  I have tried, as per instructions, to 

1. Click 'My Bills', 2. 'Click Overview tab'.... the problem is, there is no 'Overview tab'.... shouldn't this be straight forward?

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't change my direct debit details

Hi Emsiejayne,

Hover the cursor over My Bills >  in the drop down click on View My Bills.

This brings up a page with 4 headings, Overview  (which will already be opened) - View Bills - Understanding your bills and View Contract

On The right hand side of that page are the options to Change Payment Method and Change Direct Debit Date.

Clipboard01.jpg

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't change my direct debit details

Whilst I remember

You might not be able to change the DD details immediately

Info below from  https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-change-direct-debit-details 

If you want to update your details, you need to wait until your current bill has been paid in full (and before we generate your next bill) to make any changes.

It takes a few days for our systems to create and process your direct debit payment which is why you can only change your details during this window.

Once your Direct Debit payment has been collected you’ll be able to make any change you need.

My billing date is the 23rd, and payment is due to go out on the 9th of each month, although sometimes it's taken on the 11th.

I wouldn't be able to amend my DD details unless it was after the 9th and before the 23rd.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos