Menu
Undead
Settling in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Can't cancel virgin

So, I have been trying to cancel virgin for a week, I have had 3 x 2 hour long phone calls, only to be hung up on after several department transfers, I have filed a complaint that they're supposed to respond to in 48 hours (now at 100), I cant cancel my direct debit as it will ruin my credit, I am now in the position where I am using a new provider but I still have virgin and can't cancel, is there an ombudsman I can contact or something? as with the fact I cant speak to anybody (usually on hold for 90 minutes before it cuts off) I am basically going to have to pay virgin for this next month despite informing them I want to cancel, I have lost 6 hours of my time to this already, which is just absurd. 

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't cancel virgin

you can cancel by post as agreed in your contract.

You say you have already informed virgin you want to cancel. How and when did you inform them

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Undead
Settling in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I informed them via the phone twice, then it mysteriously cuts off before you get to the final stage, informed them via complaints service once, but still had no reply, all the while we are getting closer to the direct debit date, and if it goes out, I will be deeply unhappy, as I am paying for a service I don't need or want, and judging by the horrendous customer service, I don't trust I will get it back.

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

so if you didn't finish the call to cancel it may not of been actions. Also yo have to give 30 days notice so you'll always have one more DD to pay even after cancelling

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos