Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Can't cancel, saying I owe money.

Hi there,

I've been trying to cancel for a while and cannot get through to anyone as the automated system gives me only two options. Either I pay now and get service back in three hours or say I have already paid. 

I moved out a while ago into an area where virgin media is not available. How am I supposed to sort this out if there is no option to get through to an actual person? I would pay this deficit to get rid of this problem without a mark against my credit file but I am not going to pay all this money if it is going to carry on because I cannot cancel this service which I have been unable to use for a long time now.

Would very much appreciate if someone could suggest a way to get some kind of response that is not an automated text or a useless phone answer.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Rising star
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't cancel, saying I owe money.

Just select the option to make a payment then just follow the IVR, if it asks for payment details just spam 0 until it fires you through to an agent. 

** I work for VirginMedia but all opinions posted here are my own.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, I'll try tomorrow morning when the lines are hopefully not busy.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi zinc789,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and a warm welcome to you, I am sorry to hear you are thinking of leaving and haven't been able to speak to our retentions team.

You can also text the issue you are having to 0753 305 1809 and a member of the team will pick this up, please note this is not an immediate response service and may take a while for a response,

Kind regards

Paul.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos