Menu
KillMeNow
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Can't access My Virgin Media account

When I try to sign into My Virgin Media account I get this :

You haven't confirmed this username yet. Please check your inbox for a message called 'Confirm your My Virgin Media username' and click the link in the email.

I have never received an email with that subject / title text.  I have had one with subject 'Welcome to My Virgin Media' with a big red button saying 'Validate your email now'

Clicking that button takes me to https://my.virginmedia.com/dashboard/start which redirects to https://my.virginmedia.com/home/index# where it expects me to sign in.

Go back to the beginning.

I have been told

• #1 via chat, that the system is broke, they are working on it, try again in 48 hours
  • #2 via chat (2 weeks later), that it's not possible to access My Virgin Media until my services are activated
  • #3 via phone (1 week later), that it's not possible to access My Virgin Media until my services are activated

In between #2 and #3 I have had several emails along the lines of (my red) :

The date for our technician to install your new Virgin Media services has been rescheduled to the date below.
Your new installation date: Thursday 29th April 2021
Your new installation time: 13:00 - 18:00pm
We hope this appointment works for you, but if you need to change it again you can do this by visiting My Virgin Media your online area here, or by using our free app - download it here.

As you can see, a catch-22.  Email telling me I can change an installation via My Virgin Media, and customer services telling me I can't use My Virgin Media until after installation.

Anybody know which is correct?

0 Kudos
Laurie_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Can't access My Virgin Media account

Hi.

Thanks for getting in touch, and welcome to the Community Forum. I'm sorry that you've some issues with your MyVM account.

I'm just going to send you a Private Message so that I can confirm some details with you. Please look out for a purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen.

Thanks,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team
0 Kudos
KillMeNow
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't access My Virgin Media account

Laurie has sorted this for me.  For anybody else that finds themselves in this situation, ignore what Customer Services tell you via chat or phone, and just ask Laurie 🙂

0 Kudos