cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Register for an account

streetpreache47
Joining in

I have been trying to set up an account for my mother in law's new connection in vain since 27th December.

I have tried the bot and the WhatsApp and the chat to no avail.

Every time I try to set up a password with the correct email used to sign up and despite the password meeting all necessary criteria I get an error saying that "you cannot use that password, please try another".  Nothing can be accepted.  The "incredibly useful" operators on the phone have just said "wait longer"....its been a month, simply the website does not work.

To avoid any doubt, I have tried this on different devices, browser types, clearing caches etc, and it still won't accept any passwords.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as it is getting to our wits end with trying to sort the issues.

5 REPLIES 5

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @streetpreache47,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear that you're struggling to register for a My Virgin Media online account. Have you also tried using the private/incognito mode of a browser? Along with this, to confirm, is your mother-in-law the account holder?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

yes my mother in law is the account holder but isn't tech savvy, and I am tech savvy and it is far too difficult!

I have tried incognito modes also to no avail.

Hello streetpreache47.

Thanks for replying.

With the account being in your mother in laws name, We do require to pass security with the named account holder.

Sorry it is part of our Data Protection Policy.

The only other way possible is if the account had a power of attorney attatched.

I know its not the answer you were hoping for.

Can you try setting up again but use a password generator like this

Gareth_L

I can get her to verify for you this is not an issue we just need to get the registration sorted out. 

Thank you @streetpreache47,

If you could ask your Mother in Law to contact us directly by creating a thread on the Forums, we can clear DPA and can manually attempt to to register this side. If we replicate the issue, then an IT ticket may be required. 

In the meantime, please ensure you are following all of the below criteria when choosing a password.

• Between 8-64 characters.
  • Must start with a letter.
  • Contain at least one number.
  • Contains only one of these special characters: !@~&*_

Thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs