Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Can't Register Virgin Media

Hi Virgin Media.

I have Virgin Internet and TV set up in my home. I'm trying to create a Virgin Media account to manage this but when I try to register and click the Register button nothing happens, it just reloads the page.

I can see from the forum that this issue has been going on over a year?! Is there any way someone can set up an account for me? I called support yesterday and they just said the website was faulty and offered no solution.

I've tried different browsers, clearing cache/cookies but nothing has worked.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't Register Virgin Media

Hi Chris902. Thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

I am sorry you're having issues registering your Virgin Media account.  I know this may seem a silly question.  But has the email address you're attempting to register previously been active on any other Virgin Media account?  Or is it a Virgin Media email address that you've registered for the first time?

Regards

Lee_R 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It doesn't ask for an email address.

It asks for Account Holders Nast Name, Account Number and Account Reference.

All have never been used before. I am a web developer myself and it definitely looks like an issue with the website to me. Possibly with captcha on the form. Can anyone register an account on my behalf? I want the child restrictions from my broadband disabled.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

chris902

I am going to send you a private message, to enable me to look into this further on your behalf.

Regards

Lee_R 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

HI chris902

Just a quick post, to confirm you're happy with our response and your issue has been resolved?

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes, this was resolved. Virgin had to register the account for me.

The Register button on the page does nothing in any browser/platform. Looks like it's caused by the catchpa but I can't be sure. This needs to be fixed by your web team.

Thank you.

0 Kudos