Menu
ShyBaldBuddhist
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Can't Create My Virgin Media Account

I've recently moved into a new house and switched to Virgin Media Broadband. When trying to register for My Virgin Media I get a message saying that my email address is already in use. This is because I had Virgin at a previous address around 18 months ago. I called Virgin and they said if you've used an email address in the past you can never use it again for a My Virgin account (bear in mind that I purchased the Virgin Broadband package using that same email address!) 

I was advised to use a different email address to create the My Virgin Media account. This set up is absolutely ridiculous. Why can't an email address be used again after an account has been shut down? 

When using a completely different email address I get all the way through the process (and receive an email to my original email address detailing my WebSafe options and so on), only to be told:

Sorry!

We are not able to set up your my Virgin Media account at the moment. Please try again later, or you can also set up your my Virgin Media account at the time of your broadband installation. We are looking forward to connecting you to your superfast broadband.

The new email address doesn't include + symbol so I don't know why it isn't working. 

Does anyone have a solution for this? 

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't Create My Virgin Media Account

Hi ShyBaldBuddhist,

Welcome to forums, I hope you enjoy our community and thank you for your first post. I am sorry you are having issues with registering your email, we would need to raise an I.T ticket I will need to get some details off you so I will pop you over a private message so keep an eye out for the purple envelope 🙂

Thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos
demondog57
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Good Afternoon, ive just placed an order and im having this same issue.

How did you manage to create an account?

Also what i agreed over the phone was not given to me and im trying to contact anyone to help. i was on the website for over 4 hours yesterday trying to talk with someone and then i eventually gave up. How can i check my order if i cant create an account?

Why cant it be easy to sort out?

0 Kudos
ShyBaldBuddhist
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I wish it was easy to sort out!

I had to call them to get the account set up with my email address. As far as I can remember I spoke to the technical team and they accessed my old account, changed the email address (added a 1 to the end I think) and then they created the new account using that email address. It took ages and I had to explain the problem several times over the phone. 

Nothing is ever simple with Virgin. Good luck! 

0 Kudos
demondog57
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your help, ill try that later

is there a virgin staff member online that could help?

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi demondog57,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you're having with your account. 

As this is a new account I do need to private message you so I can get some details.

I will send you a message, please keep an eye out for it. 

^Martin

0 Kudos
Jacky_M
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I am having the exact same problem, this is a brand new account will not let me use my current email address can someone help, thanks.

0 Kudos
demondog57
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I’ve been waiting for the Virgin staff to reply to me after 3 hours 

0 Kudos