cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone confirm my account has been cancelled

Diehammer
Joining in

I got an email on the 28th Feb saying that me broadband would be disconnected on the 30th March after calling to cancel my account. I was asked to allow the next payment on 4th April to take place and I then cancelled my direct debit on the 8th April.

I have since had an email to say that my bill is ready along with text messages to say that i have cancelled my direct debit. Of course i cancelled it I cancelled my contract with Virgin Media.

I received two seperate phone calls last week to say that i had cancelled my direct debit and i have tried explaining why but all they want to do is see if they can offer me a better deal and then when i swaid no they try to say that i will have to pay £120. (Not the case as i cancelled due to the price increase and i could cancel with no charge before 30th March).

I have also tried calling Virgin Media and was told that a manager would call me back within 24 hours (never happened).

This is the second time i have had major issues cancelling Virgin Media and they wont get a third chance. Ready to go to Ofcom about this.

1 REPLY 1

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Diehammer

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear about whats happened.

I will send you a private message now so I can look into this further for you.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide