Menu
DrawnClaws
Dialled in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Can I view an Old / Previous Contract

My question concerns viewing within my Virgin Media pages when online and logged in.  Specifically when viewing my Current Contract.

Let's say there was previously a Package Change from a Different Package.

Here's the Question.  Can anyone confirm that the Old / Previous Contract should still be available to view using the dropdown menu next to where it says "Select the contract period".

As a new customer I ordered a particular Package prior to the day the engineer was to install.

Somehow on Install Day the package was changed to a more expensive one with different conditions that I did not agree.  I am still within my first 18 months and as the matter was not resolved to now it is causing an earthquake in that I can not see that first contract.

I can only view my current Contract even though the initial Bill  received records "Your package changed on ••••••• we've adjusted the service charges previously billed, and applied any due charges or credits."

If you are able to solve this mystery then please accept my thanks with Kudos given for a good answer.

DrawnClaws

0 Kudos
DrawnClaws
Dialled in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Rise in bill

Hi Megan

I have read and re-read your answer.  I am still confused (maybe perplexed even).

Here is a picture of 'my selection' prior to Installation Day.

Your Virgin Media Order - Date: 19 May 2020 at 13:32:36 BSTYour Virgin Media Order - Date: 19 May 2020 at 13:32:36 BST

To me that was a clear 'fixed price'.  

With the very kind help of Katie_WT and Alex_RM I currently am receiving that.

I expect to receive that until the end of the 'Promotions & discounts' period (1st December 2021).

However your reply also says the following:  "We will advise you in your communication how the price change will affect your deal."

My email (Rachel Barrass, Director of Customer Service) advises "Your bill will go up by £3.50 a month from 1st March"

Now I would respectfully suggest that that is not right.

I have further anxiety about the ambiguity of the following statement (from  https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/PriceChange2020/Broadband-OUT😞

"Your price increase is outlined in the letter or email we sent you.  If you currently enjoy a fixed price offer each month, your price won’t be affected until the offer ends"

Best Regards.  Please Help.

DrawnClaws

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
DrawnClaws
Dialled in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have thought long and hard overnight about my situation.  I want to use this post here to collect the information useful to me in the one place as I step forward.  This collation of information may be of help to others.  If so maybe Kudos is due?

I note the paragraph below in bold which expresses succinctly - avoiding going into 'water under the bridge' such as "We all seem to be restricted to get this sorted out; even when this has been escalated to manager and Head of Department level. As such we've had to raise a few IT tickets to see what we can do - this has been raised under reference number XXXXXXXXXX" - and avoiding similar 'personal information' in this public forum.

My email (Rachel Barrass, Director of Customer Service) advises "Your bill will go up by £3.50 a month from 1st March"  I would respectfully suggest that that is not right.  To me the Contract accepted by both parties (Your Virgin Media Order - Date: 19 May 2020 at 13:32:36 BST) was at a clear 'fixed price' for the duration.

Thinking of leaving us?    How do I Cancel my Contract - See this correct link

We’d hate to see you go, but understand that sometimes things change.

The best way to get in touch is to call us, but be sure to check out some of the important things you should know before you leave.

How do I cancel my Virgin Media contract?

We're sorry to hear you're thinking of disconnecting your Virgin Media services and if we’ve done something wrong, we’d love the chance to put it right.

There are a few things we think you should know before you contact us.

Four important things you need to know before you leave

Before you make your decision about leaving, there are a few things we want you to be clear about.

1. If you decide to leave within your minimum contract period, you may be charged outstanding line rental or monthly charges to the end of the contract. See our Terms & Conditions for details.  • The minimum fixed term contract period for our services is 9, 12 or 18 months, depending on your particular offer or bundle.  • If you're on a 30 day rolling contract or you decide to leave us after your minimum fixed term contract period, you'll just need to give us 30 days' notice.

2. When you take out Virgin Media broadbandTV or phone services, the kit we provide is included as part of your services. This means that if you disconnect or change your Virgin Media services we’ll ask you to return the kit.

3. If you cancel your services we’ll give you access to your Virgin Media Mail account for 90 days before we close it. This should provide enough time for you to save any contacts, emails and files you wish to keep

4. As you pay for your services in advance, you may be due a refund for services you won’t use. Any usage of TV and phone since your last bill, such as telephone charges or Virgin Movies rentals, will be taken into account before the refund is calculated.  • If you're due a refund we'll send this out as a cheque 35 days after your account closed.

Still want to leave?

Head to our Contact us page for the best ways to get in touch.

Still need some help?

Please only call if you need to. Instead, please use the help available online. Find out more >. • If you need to talk to us give our team a call on 150 from your Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone.  • Open 8am until midnight, 7 days a week.

Returning my kit

On this page you’ll find everything you need to know about returning your Virgin Media kit.

Simply follow the steps below and choose the easiest way to return it.

Step 1 - When you leave us or change your services we’ll send you a pre-paid postal returns pack for any kit you need to return.

Step 2 - Pop your old kit in the pack. Fix the label that’s included to the front of the pack. Please include any power supplies and remote controls too.

Step 3 - Return your pack to us. See ways to return below.

If you don't return the requested kit when you disconnect, we’ll need to charge you to replace the missing kit. When we charge you, we’ll send you a text message and email to let you know of the replacement cost. All our kit is loaned as part of the services we provide. If we’ve told you we need kit back and don’t receive it we have to replace it, and charge you, as set out in our terms and conditions.

Didn’t get the return pack? If you’ve not received the returns pack within 10 days of your disconnection just complete our pre-paid packaging request form.

Ways to return

Return to Collect Plus store for free. • Return to your local Collect Plus store in over 7,000 locations across the UK, so you’re never far from a drop off point. • Open 7 days a week, early until late. • Things to note:  • Your Collect Plus receipt will have a tracking number so you can check progress at collectplus.co.uk/track. • If we have your email address we’ll send you a receipt to confirm we've received your kit

I've been charged to replace your kit, but I sent it via Collect Plus. What do I do?

Not to worry, give our team a call with the tracking number from the Collect+ receipt. Once we’ve confirmed that you sent it back, we’ll cancel the charge.

FOOTNOTE. Last edit date:  None

0 Kudos
DrawnClaws
Dialled in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

This morning I have re-read John's reply to me but with a slight reordering of sentences to aid my understanding.

• If you accepted a fixed price then you’ll receive that until the end of the discount period.
  • If you accepted a £ or % amount off, this will also continue to be honoured but you will see your price increase from the 1st March.
  • Any discount that you’ve been offered for the 12/18 months will still be honoured.

To Illustrate this:

2021 01 15 - to illustrate the Virgin Media fixed price with £ off2021 01 15 - to illustrate the Virgin Media fixed price with £ off

I seems that when you accept a deal with Virgin Media like this you accept the Fixed Price to be £44 per month.

For the 18 month contract you will get pounds (or a percentage) in money off. - £ or % amount off.

In this illustration that is £17.01 off each month for 18 months which gives the headline £26.99 a month for 18 months*

But BUYER BEWARE this gives Virgin Media the right to increase the cost when they choose.

(Example:Your bill will go up by £3.50 a month from 1st March and you will pay £30.49 for the rest of the 18 months.)

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Can I view an Old / Previous Contract

@DrawnClaws wrote:

My question concerns viewing within my Virgin Media pages when online and logged in.  Specifically when viewing my Current Contract.

Let's say there was previously a Package Change from a Different Package.

Here's the Question.  Can anyone confirm that the Old / Previous Contract should still be available to view using the dropdown menu next to where it says "Select the contract period".

That's certainly how I understand it should work. I can view my previous 6 or 7 contracts this way.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos