cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I pay by BACS

skb99
Joining in

I am a church treasurer. We pay the phone and broadband bill for our minister by direct debit, but the account is in her name. We recently changed our bank account. The minister has made 2 attempts to change the direct debit bank details via the Virgin website, but the payments are not going through. We are now behind with payments and have a late payment charge applied. I've asked her to try again by phone to update the bank details, but in the meantime can I clear the debt by bacs transfer payment  and if so what are the details? (Our rules say we must have two-person authorisation for payments, so I can't just pay by debit or credit card.)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @skb99,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.

I'm sorry to hear of the issues that you're having with your ministers bill and trying to pay it. 

The payment methods that we accept are shown on the page here and the option that you need, is shown below.

How to pay by internet or phone banking
When you make a payment through your online bank, or pay by phone banking you’ll need the following details:

•  The Virgin Media Payments Ltd bank account number: 23494314

•  The Virgin Media Payments Ltd sort code number: 20-13-42

•  Your 14-digit payment reference number

For internet banking, you might have to first select Virgin Media (1) as the company to pay.

If you get paper bills, you’ll find your 14-digit payment reference on the back of the first page of your bill.

If you get your bills online, find your 12-digit payment reference then add your 2-digit area reference to the end to get your 14-digit payment reference. You’ll find both references in your billing notification email.

Regards,

Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @skb99,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.

I'm sorry to hear of the issues that you're having with your ministers bill and trying to pay it. 

The payment methods that we accept are shown on the page here and the option that you need, is shown below.

How to pay by internet or phone banking
When you make a payment through your online bank, or pay by phone banking you’ll need the following details:

•  The Virgin Media Payments Ltd bank account number: 23494314

•  The Virgin Media Payments Ltd sort code number: 20-13-42

•  Your 14-digit payment reference number

For internet banking, you might have to first select Virgin Media (1) as the company to pay.

If you get paper bills, you’ll find your 14-digit payment reference on the back of the first page of your bill.

If you get your bills online, find your 12-digit payment reference then add your 2-digit area reference to the end to get your 14-digit payment reference. You’ll find both references in your billing notification email.

Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks for your reply. Seems to have worked!

Does the payment reference number stay the same if I need to make more payments in the future?

We're glad to have seem that worked. 

Yes the payment reference would stay the same. 

^Martin

Hi there

Thanks for posting the BACS details, as I also need to pay using this method. Can you please explain where I find the 12 digit payment reference, as this not shown on the online bill in MY Virgin Media account?

Many thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Jollybags 

Do you normally pay by direct debit? If so log into your bank account and your 12 digit reference number for VM should be listed on your bank statement.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Jollybags 

Just to add, if you have e-billing with VM then the 12 digit payment reference number is listed towards the bottom of the email on the right hand side

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thank you for taking the time in providing this info Dave, much appreciated