cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I give more than 30 days notice for ending my contract due to the price increase changes?

amna12
Joining in

Hi,

I received an email about the price increases and my ability to end my contract if I give Virgin notice by April 3rd.

If I activated this, would I have to give 30 days notice or am I able to keep my existing contract until a later cancellation date? Say, 60 or 90 days?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Your dispensation to cancel, fee free, because of the price increase allows you to give 30 days notice before a particular date.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

From previous discussions I believe VM systems won't accept more than 60 days, but the wording from VM's T&Cs is that if you reject a price rise you have to give a at least 30 days notice (clause N6).  So you won't get away with 90 days, but should be OK with anything between 30 and 60.

Whether telephone staff are capable of processing a 60 day notice I wouldn't like to say!

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @amna12 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry to hear that you are wanting to cancel your account. To clarify you can give a maximum of 60 days notice before cancelling but the notice must be given before your right to cancel end date mentioned in your letter.

Thank you.