Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Can I get a better deal as new customers can?

I am on the VIP service from Virgin which sgould give me 350MB on down load. I have monitored this over the past month and I am getting on average 50MB and a distored TV signal. I am not getting what I pay for. I am out of contract so does anybody know if you can cancel your service and then sign up as a new customer ? I am curently paying £134 a month, new customers can get the same service for £89

Attempted to call Virgin numorous times but fail to get through until today. However,  agent dropped the call on me this morning after queing for well over an hour! Appalling customer service !

0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can I get a better deal as new customers can?

Hi pcg255,

You need to have been left for 3 months before you can sign up as a new customer.

You should call up and speak to retentions (thinking of leaving us) and negotiate a price  for the Ultimate Oomph package. You won't get a new customer price, however you should manage a substantial reduction.

If you have a distorted TV picture this may be due to either your TV box or interent or both.

How are you measuring your internet speed? Wifi or ethernet?  Wifi is slower.   What speed NIC do you have in your computer? The spec or the NIC can effect your internet speed, especailly if it's an old one only capable of 100.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I’m not sure about the logic of complaining about a service and seeming to suggest that getting the new customer price will somehow fix everything.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave

Thank you for the response. I have two Lenovo Thinkcentres that are only four months old. I am connected to the Hub3 Via ethernet Cat6 cable. I have been receiving speeds of 350Mb on these computers up until a month ago. The Hub 3 has been replaced. If I could call retentions I would but my Virgin phone port does not work ! Totally disappointed with Virgin Media customer service.
0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi again pcg255,

DO NOT change over to a new  package until the faults you have are rectified, changing package will put you into a new 12 or 18 month contract

Have you signed into Check service status further up the page and ran tests on your equipment?  If not then run tests on each of  TV, Broadband and Phone.

Hopefully that will possibly repair some/all of the errors or book an engineer appointment.

You could actually start a thread in the Broadband forums  with all your stats and  the tech guru's there can help you.

Taking that route in about a weeks time a member of the Forum Team may pick it up and help, but I would be inclined to phone faults as you probably need an engineer for the wiring and phone.

I appreciate that your landline isn't working. Hopefully you have a mobile phone.  There's a freephone number 0800 052 0422 and you need to speak to Option 2 Faults, although personally I would try option 4 (thinking of leaving us) you will get more help from that department - best time to call is 8am when they first open as they are least busy, although some people have been getting through in about 20 minutes.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos