cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I cancel the O2 SIM and not ruin the new deal??

indio99
Joining in

So I got my "4 months prior to the end of my fixed term" call yesterday, by the end of the call I have a deal for £6 more than currently paying, a one off £25 delivery and "activation" fee, a 1gb deal, the new router and a streaming box/dongle of some sort.

I asked for a couple of hours to talk it through with the other half. Decided to go with it. On being sent the paper work it turns out the deal is £41 and £10 is for an O2 sim that I will not be using (stuck in a contract, O2 sucks here and it's only 10gig of data etc).

My question to anyone that know or has been through this, if I cancel the SIM will it mess with the Virgin deal? I know it's not much difference but £10 at the moment is like a third of my weekly food budget and would be useful!

1 REPLY 1

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey indio99, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am sorry to hear this.

This sounds like you've been offered a volt deal, these have the the most discount so if you did cancel the O2 sim it could affect the overall price of the package but its hard to say without looking at the account.

You are of course free to cancel anything within the 14 day cooling off period. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?