cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Called Virgin to Terminate Contract. Contract Got Renewed Instead. Legally Binding?

Charsiu
Joining in

Hi All,

I'll try to keep this brief. I called up Virgin to terminate the broadband contract last year, I only just noticed that I have been continually billed for the property in question (my elderly parents'). I called up to enquire, and apparently a retentions offer was accepted instead (the disconnection request was on their system though).

I requested the original recording of the call where the new offer was accepted and was told they only keep those recordings for 180 days (yes, it's been that long!). I've raised a complaint to Virgin as their "regular" customer services can no longer progress the query.

There is no proof of me explicitly accepting or authorising the contract (because I did not), or is it the case that my non-respondence to an email the same as entering legally binding contract?

1 REPLY 1

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Charsiu 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I am very sorry to hear of the dispute over the contract. You have been advised correctly with the call recording, we do only hold them for 180 days.

I'll send you a PM though to discuss this further.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill