Menu
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Cable on outside wall needs moving and probably lengthening (potential repull?)

Hello

We are going to have some disability access work done very soon and the current step access to our front door has the Virgin media cable running around the steps. The existing access and steps are to be demolished and the builder has advised us to have the cable rerouted up and over the front door to our house.

How do I get this arranged as the cable needs to be rerouted as soon as possible. We cannot be without our Virgin media services as they are very necessary to us.

Thank you and kind Regards

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cable on outside wall needs moving and probably lengthening (potential repull?)

You can arrange this via the faults department on the usual number. As it is a non-fault related callout there is a standard charge of £99 for the work.

Be aware that a repull is likely to take several weeks. The cable can be jointed, but this is not ideal.

VIP pack with VIVID 350. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cable on outside wall needs moving and probably lengthening (potential repull?)

The work is being done through a disabled facilities grant, I can’t afford £99 for something that’s not our fault so I may have to go to Sky as we already have a dish installed. Thanks for your advice though.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Does the £99 go on to the next bill? Because it’s for disability reasons would Virgin Media still charge us £99? If it wasn’t for disability reasons we would not have to move our cable, it’s been in the same place for four and a half years but has to be moved through no fault of ours.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Odin5, thanks for posting.

I would like to look into your issue a little further.  To enable me to do so, I am going to send you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the screen.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Is there a moderator who can help me with this and book an engineer for me please?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Odin5

I have sent you a private message, if you could please respond and we can take it from there? 🙂

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos