Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cable my street

Hi, just wondering if anyone has an update on when Virgin media might cable our street.  I first started asking in 2002 and never receive updates.

Ive seen our village of Denmead change and grow over the years, homes that have been built 6 years after ours was built which didn’t have virgin installed have all been cabled in the last 5 years and obviously new homes now being built are being cabled as we speak.  It seems that there is about 4 roads where I live that have not been cabled and less that 50 yards away are homes that are cabled.  

What do we have to do for this to happen, it would be great to have the option to move away from SKY.

Regards

Adam

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cable my street

The main barrier to streets being cabled is if they are privately owned. Complex wayleave agreements usually mean VM don’t touch these with a barge pole. Block paved roads are also a significant barrier as the costs to retrofit build will rocket. If your street is adopted by the Local Authority & it proves economically viable to “infill” subject to there being enough interest from potential customers you might get it.

Bear in mind also that on new estates the builder makes a contribution to the cost of the network build.

VIP pack with VIVID 350. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your feedback.

The roads are not privately owned or block paved and numerous home owners have also been asking for years.

i just don’t understand the logic that our homes were built in 1995 and then some more where built in 2002.  The ones that were built in 2002 had it installed 4 years ago.  As I said we have been asking cable our street for best part of 20 years and never hear a thing so in all honestly think that is a pointless process!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@Adam2610 wrote:

i just don’t understand the logic that our homes were built in 1995 and then some more where built in 2002.  The ones that were built in 2002 had it installed 4 years ago. 

All down to budgets. Some areas have started build & been abandoned.

VIP pack with VIVID 350. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos