Menu
paul6127
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cable my street.........Please

Hi Guys,

Although i have registered with cable my street approx 6yrs ago, nothing has come from it. I live on a fairly new estate (6yrs) and we only have open reach supplied lines / broadband which they have fitted wrong cables so it always messes up. Max b-band we can get is 12mb but intermittent. I don't understand why virgin did not lay cables when estate was built (probably redrows problem). So my question is, is there a direct line / email to speak to the VM rollout team? I would guarantee that most of the houses on my estate would switch to VM due to the issues we have.

Any feedback appreciated????

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cable my street.........Please

Unless the builder part finances installing Virgin you won’t get the service being pre-installed on a new estate.

First thing is to make sure the estate roads have been adopted by the local authority. If they are still being maintained by the builder there may be an embargo on Virgin or any other company wanting to dig up paths & roads until they pass over to LA control.

The second thing is to make sure all the households have registered for the service. The more that do the more chance you have of getting “infill” build. 

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
paul6127
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the info nodrogd. Seems a bit daft to let the builder finish the roads then rip up and lay cables. Even if VM foot the bill, surely it’d be cheaper for them. However what do I know.

we are on a Facebook page for our estate and it’s seems a hell of a lot of people have registered buy heard nothing. The BT lines are now unbearable and they just call out fix one persons and it knocks somebody else’s off. It’s a joke!!

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Superstar
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Some builders do not inform VM of their development or, if they do, VM is not prepared to provide the service.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos