Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Cable my street Information request

Hello.

I'm hoping the forum team can help with this question I have.

Virgin are doing work in a currently non Virgin area, where I live now and then,but not on a large scale.

I was wondering if I private message my postcode to a forum team member, if they could tell me the current situation? This is because the work moves around the town.

Also where I am the best speed we can get is 10mbps, so if Virgin leafleted round here they would get interest, told the neighbours I know about the cable my street page on the main site, but only so much I can do

so Virgin forum team can you help?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 25
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cable my street Information request

Firstly, the Forum Team will not answer unsolicited PM's, though they may reply directly to this thread..

The expansion is also customer driven via the CableMyStreet responses, so the more people that register the more likely expansion will take place. VM do not (& never have) canvassed unserved areas for business.

VIP pack with VIVID 350. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Just to clear something up;
1. I have not sent any pm's
2. I was asking them if I could as I don't want to put my postcode publicly.

Also they have been doing work in the town as its an identified area they want to expand in. They have done a fair amount of work in the town recently, with more planned, (according to roadworks.org).

But my orginal question stems from the above intel and that the area needs them as others have failed to fulfil the demand for superfast speeds.

So forum team if you could help it be much appreciated.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi j2o2e

Thanks for getting in touch and we'd be happy to help out 🙂

Just to clear up the points raised by @nodrogd, which were to support you and us, when forum members PM us without it being requested in an unsolicitied PM we cannot pick this up as we work on a queueing system, so this is a queue jumping method that we don't accept. We like to keep things fair for everyone and I hope that's appreciated.

Once we've picked up your post, like we have done here, and we ask you to PM us, that of course is fine.

Going back to your original question I'll be happy to look into this for you and if you don't mind sending a private message to me with your name and full address, I can then look into this for you with the teams Smiley Wink.

To PM me, simply:

• Click on my profile link Karen_A
  • On the right had side, select the 'send me a message' option.

Additionally I can arrange to send some leaflets to you if you fancy druming up local interest and leaflet dropping? The more we have singing up to Cable My Street , the greater the chances of getting you cabled 🙂

Hope to catch you soon!

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 25
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi j2o2e

Thanks for getting back to me on your PM 🙂

I've sent the information and street details to our Cable My Street teams to find out what's happening locally for you.

As soon as they get back in touch with me I'll let you know 😄

Take care.

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 25
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hey j2o2e 🙂

The teams have got back to me and confirmed that this is a part of the NBU (New Build) in planning stages only.

The reference for this is NBU 97478

The teams have confirmed that this is currently at planning stages only – no indication dates for completion, or build start date.

What I would say on the back of this is if you leave this a couple of months and pop back to us on this thread quoting the NBU reference above, we can pop back to the teams for another update for you to see if this has progressed any further for you.

Let us know if you need anything else 😄

Forum Team

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hello.

Could one of the forum team, look to see if there are any updates, regarding my area:

The reference for this is NBU 97478

will send my Address details via PM if needed.

There have been a few roadworks in the area of where I live, which according to Roadworks.org is VM.

Also distributed 80% of the leaflets sent to me and had discussions,with the MP & County councilor.

Honestly though VM bosses/decsion makers, where I live has a high potential for being a gold mine, BT have failed massively round here and are expecting residents to stump up cash to get faster speeds, via community partnership. So VM could be on to a win round here, if they do install their Fibre here.

Best Regards

Joe Orton

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 25
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Joe, 

Thanks for coming back to us for an update 🙂 

I have popped an email over to the growth team to find out an up date. 

It certainly sounds promising if works are ongoing in the area however it can take quite a while once the cables are laid in the street to connect everything up. 

Once we have an update on things, we'll come back to you.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath.

Did you get a response to your email?

Best regards

Joe 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Morning Joe

I’ve checked in with the teams for you on the back of the message Kath set to them and they have popped back to state:

This has now moved to NBU 97330 and is still at planning stages only so currently no indication dates for completion (or build start date)

Again if you'd like to pop back to us in the future, say in a month or so, and we can ask them again for you.

Many thanks

Forum Team

0 Kudos