Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cable in my street, but not to my house. How to get connected?

Hello folks.

As the title suggests really. Cable has been in my street for a while either side of my address, and a lot of the older houses on the street are able to receive virgin. I am not.

I have been contacted once already by a direct sales rep who claimed that I could be connected within 60 days, and engineers would have to tap in to the nearest neighbouring houses feed in the street and extend it to my house. Modifying the pavement as they go. Sounds a bit far fetched and expensive for one property.

Is this doable? Realistic? 

I have just successfully complained my way out of my vodafone broadband contract penalty free and 12 months early based on his recommendation but I fear I have been sold a pup.

Thanks

John

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cable in my street, but not to my house. How to get connected?

Hi Noz85.

Thanks for posting. If there is cable already there, please give us a call on 0800 183 1234 and we can if needed send a spotter out, who will check the cabling and be able to advise you whether or not we can have you connected.

Let me know how you get on.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. I gave them a call but all they could suggest was that i ask my neighbours without virgin to contact sales and lodge their interest to see if they will come out and connect us.

Not the outcome I was hoping for. I am currently getting download speeds of 0 to 3mb and our upload speed is usually less than 0.5mb on our standard bt line.

I'll be honest, we're pretty desperate to get connected to virgin!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to us Noz85.

I'm really sorry to hear you're having difficulties joining Virgin Media.  I would like to investigate this further for you.  To enable me to do this I am going to send you a private message.  Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R