Menu
BillGibbon
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Cable cut and temporary repair

Our cable was cut by an Openreach contractor, and a brilliant engineer has managed to reconnect us temporarily by piggybacking on a neighbour's unused cable. However, there are cables all over the garden and he said he would arrange for a new cable to be pulled.  We're OK for now, but we don't seem to be able to find any way of ascertaining when the new cable will be installed. 150 is always busy and when we did get through and asked, we were put on hold which resulted in us being back in the queue.  The twitter folks are really good but don't have access to individual accounts and the on-line bot doesn't come up with any sensible answers. Any suggestions how we could find out when the new cable might be installed?????

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cable cut and temporary repair

Pulling a cable is a two-man contractor team job. In the light of current restrictions there might be a longer wait than usual.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
BillGibbon
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your super quick response.  I think in our heads we'd expected that, but a timescale would be useful. Even just a re-assurance that it was booked in for 'sometime' would be good too!

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello BillGibbon

Thanks for your post 

Sorry to hear you have not been informed about the cable being replaced

Appointments can be viewed through your online account 

The engineer on the day would have booked that when he was with you and should have informed you of the date 

Can you pop back on here if you still need help 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
BillGibbon
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Gareth_L - Thanks!

We can't find anywhere in 'my account' where this has been booked. We don't have any open "Orders and Appointments"

We've tried calling 150 a few times but lines are very busy.

B

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hello BillGibbon

I am more than happy to take a look at this for you then 
I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Ashley211
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Jumping on this post as we have the same issue and looking for some help.Engineer said the cable had been cut and a new one would need to be fitted at later date.. He assured us this would take a few weeks due to covid and letting the team know. Not heard anything since November and we are still using a temporary line from our neighbours! Internet keeps dropping and its not secure so we are not getting the service we are paying for. Really frustrating whilst WFH ! Please can you offer advice of what team needs to be informed as there has been a miscommunication from engineer - virgin.Thank you

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ashley211,

Welcome to the Community Forums. Thank you for taking the time to post here.

I'm sorry to hear you've been having some problems with your connection and haven't had your individual connection fitted as promised. I have contacted your local Area Field Manager and have asked if they can look into this for you and get an appointment arranged.

As soon as I have an update for you, I will pop back here.

Kind regards,

Beth

BillGibbon
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ashley

gareth and the team worked wonders for us. Our re-fit isn’t until the end of April though, so don’t hold your breath!

Ashley211
Joining in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the quick reply. Great thanks for passing it on to relevant team member!

0 Kudos