Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cable and box removal

I have unsightly and dangerous, old, unused cables and boxes in the front garden and on house wall. I have building work being done and these cables are causing a hazard, could you please tell me how I get these removed. Or how I can get the builders to remove them.

Would like to speak to someone but have been unable to.

Thank you 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cable and box removal

Thanks for the post Lws and welcome to our community.

Is this one of our cabinets? If so we'd need to raise it to the area field manager who can come and take a look but it's not confirmed that they would remove this as they wouldn't be on your property but on the outer edge if this is the case. 

If there's wiring from a previous property owner/tenant having the services they can take a look into removing this or reburying it for you if needed.

Let us know if this is the cabinet at the edge of the property or if this is the brown omnibox attached to the outside of the house from previous customers living here. 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: SCable and box removal

The cables are on my property and are covered by a large unsightly green plastic. The boxes are on my house these are old boxes that years ago enabled Virgin Media into my house. As they are on my property I suppose it is my right to remove them. But the safety of this is Virgin Media's call as they put them on my property.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: SCable and box removal

We can raise this to the team, if you private message me with your address we'll send someone out to assess it and they may remove them but as we had permission to install the cables we may not remove them it's up to the area field manager. 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos