Menu
SameerS
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Cable My Street

Hi,

I wonder if you can help, moved to my area 5 years ago and have been waiting for the Virgin Media Roll out to be completed. Can you advise me when this will be please?

Post Code: WA14 4JP

Currently the area is pole fed and the green cab it terminates is1532m away.

i have already signed up on virgin medias site as well as all my neighbours on my road.

Best Regards.

0 Kudos
Ryan_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cable My Street

Hi SameerS, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I have checked from the postcode provided and unfortunately I have no information to give you. There are several reasons which could be stopping this coming to you. You've done the right thing by registering your interest online. I hope this can be with you in the future. 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos
SameerS
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ryan,

Its been 5 years already! I would have thought due to the pandemic home working and home schooling Virgin would look at this as an opportunity to provide areas that don't currently have good working bb.

0 Kudos
Ryan_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I'm not sure the pandemic would be the answer for it, if I'm being honest. As you can appreciate during the current circumstances it's made it tougher to complete that kind of work than it has made it easier. 

As soon as any news is available if you've registered online you'll be the first to know. 

Keep safe. 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos
SameerS
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ryan,

I am simply asking Virgin Media to complete the provide as there is Virgin Media a 1/4 mile up the road, they just never got round to completing it and that was almost 8 years ago!

Using PI will not be an answer either as being pole fed by a Green FFTC Cab which 1500+ meters away makes receiving Full Fibre a joke for around 160 houses including mine.

Plusnet will not do anything and Openreach are unwilling to dig up the road to do provide to 2 nearest FTTC Cabs which are within 200 yards.

I have asked Virgin separately  and have been advised that there are no plans for this area for at least then next 2 years and even then it may not get on to the list.

0 Kudos