Menu
Highlighted
pete19
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Cable My Street

Hi

I registered on cable my street a while ago, Virgin are now a couple of streets away but I wanted to find out if there was a likelihood of my street being done soon as i want to avoid re negotiating with my current provider for too long as the line speed isnt great.

Is there an email address to check plans ?

thanks   

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired) Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cable My Street

Hi pete19

Thanks for getting in touch with us about the option to get the street cabled.

If you can pop back to the PM I have sent on the top right in the purple envelope that would be great 😄

Speak soon!

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Pete

Thanks for the PM

Ive popped this off to our Nex teams to ask them if anything is in the pipeline.

I'll let you know what they say.

Cheers

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Pete

The teams have said:

This is part of  build which is due to commence in the new year. I do not currently have a delivery programme for this but this should be fairly imminent.

I have just had a quick look on google maps and it looks like this premises sits within a shared driveway (of more than 2 homes) so this will be built if we have Wayleave approval from all residents who own this driveway prior to building the area.

Once I know more I'll let you know.

Take care.

Forum Team

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Pete

Thanks for the PM 😄

I've popped that off as an independent question to the Nex teams for your in laws.

Thanks

Kaz

Forum Team

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Pete

There are plans for this in the new year according to the Nex and Wayleave teams

They have come back with the following reference

NBU 148528

Please pop back in the new year to check back in so we can provide a further update from the for you.

Many thanks

Karen

Forum Team

0 Kudos
Highlighted
pete19
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

're my email below is it possible to email or co tact wayleave team for barnsley area so I can know when to expect a letter and which properties are affected by wayleave requirements 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired) Kath_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Pete19, 

Apologies but there is no external email for the teams. Also they wouldn't give this information. 

It is just a case of waiting I'm afraid. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
pete19
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi

my area is now finally being cabled 🙂 however the few houses where i live have been missed off (the rest of the road and surrounding roads have all been done in the last few weeks) because there is some block paving. Ive been told that this is done by a separate "gang" which i i understand, but seems inefficient to not be doing these all at once given they are swarming the whole area when work is ongoing but cant seem to pull bock paving up for 5 houses.

Having been checking roadworks.org which is reasonable accurate so far on deployments, there is no sign of when this work will get done, and get all of the jobs on there have proper references, so i assume the work must be known about and date in theory must be known. I jusyt dont want to leave it and it gets forgot for months when they have moved on.

Is there any help you can provide ?

thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired) Ben_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Pete19,

We do want to be with as many people as possible as soon as possible.

Unfortunately we can't offer any more information as due to different factors the date could change. 

Thanks

Ben_N

0 Kudos