Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Cable My Street Kenilworth

Please could you check CV8 2PR No [Removed] . Very odd that cable is available up to number [Removed] but not further down street why is this. Also new check please on CV8 2HU [Removed]

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cable My Street Kenilworth

Hi teddybear3,

Thank you for your post, sorry to hear that our cables don't quite reach your property yet.

We are always looking to expand our network and are currently in the middle of a large expansion project. We are continuously investing in our services and our cables now reach about 60% of UK premises, in comparison to nearly 90% covered by Openreach. Unfortunately, more remote areas or pockets of suburbs may have a longer wait due to the expense and logistics of reaching them. Just to check, are these new build properties at all?

Regarding the first property you have mentioned, I can see that a local agent actually visited a couple of days ago following an enquiry online. It just says "door knocked" so I'm guessing they missed you. They didn't leave further notes so I'm not sure what they would have been able to tell you, but that does suggest to me that we may be able to get you connected. It looks like it could involve some permissions and construction work, but the local team should certainly be able to take a look at the network for you. If you haven't already, you can register your interest in our services online http://virg.in/checker and we would usually get a rep out to investigate.

The second property you've mentioned appears to be in an area under review at the moment. We may have the services there in about 18 months or so, but nothing concrete has yet been arranged so it could still be a while off.

I hope this information has been of some use to you, do let me know if there's anything further you need.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Your reply is very useful and will allow us to try and proceed.

I am so glad that this side of kenilworth is beong reviewed as BT VDSl speed in this area is awful at 15meg and i am sure Virgin could have lots of sale leads in this area.

THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Rachel

Just to add these are not newbuild properties it appears as if cabling stopped at number 9. At least 10 years old. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hiya,

You're more than welcome, I'm glad to have been able to provide some helpful information.

Thank you for letting me know that they aren't new build, this would have given us a different angle to try if they were.

I can see that properties at one end of the street are cabled and we have a number of active customers. It's likely to be a case of costs, distance from the cabinet and logistics meaning we haven't yet connected all of them. If you get in touch we should be able to investigate further and let you know a more definitive answer.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I am also based in Kenilworth, CV8 1QJ. I've noticed that over the next few months there are some works due to go on at the top (High Street) and somewhere further down but that seems to be it. Are there any plans for Virgin to roll out in the area. Whilst the service I get from sky is acceptable the costs are not, for what they wanna charge me I could take out 3 virgin contracts.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Good evening mbuckley95,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forums 🙂

Please register your interest here and we'll be in touch with any news if and when we have it 🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos