cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CONTACT EMAIL ADDRESS

ALF28
Super solver

I use an outlook contact email address for VM which is used to log in, no problems there.

However an unusual problem  reading messages from VM, I could not log into my outlook email, the password worked but the 2FA did not send the access code to mobile phone (tried a few phone numbers) or another email so I then tried another outlook email address for the wife and that had the same problem.

So the problem is the google chrome browser connecting to Microsoft, I then switched to MS edge browser and I can get the 2FA code to my mobile phone and managed to read my emails from VM community and also VM sales email following a call to VM.

Another email  with provider yahoo could log in with 2FA on the google chrome browser, but also did not get the 2FA code form the outlook email either.

I have never had that issue before, seems to be a google/chrome/Microsoft issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thank you for that information ALF28. With what you have advised it may be worth reporting this to Google directly. 

If you follow these next steps it will advised how to Report an issue or send feedback: 

1. On your computer, open Chrome.
  2. At the top-right, click More More.
  3. Click Help and then Report an issue.
  4. Add details, including steps to help us recreate the issue that you're experiencing.
  5. Choose if you want to include more information in your report, such as a web address, your email address or a screenshot.
  6. To submit the report, click Send.
    ^Martin

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey ALF28, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this has happened.

Is this the first time this has happened? 

Is this just on Chrome, are you using a Mac or Windows PC? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

WINDOWS 11 LAPTOP- problem using chrome browser-2FA faulty on outlook.com emails

Only the chrome browser will not complete the 2FA on outlookcom emails, after accepting the password. the code is not sent., but it will login OK on gmail.com 2FA?

I have checked, and the chrome browser is up to date.

I have tried resetting the chrome browser and the fault is still there.

It is not just my outlook.com email but also my wife's outlook email that will not work with chrome.

I have tried other browsers, opera, firefox, and edge which do all complete the 2FA on an outlook.com email address.

So I can still read my emails on my outlook.com using other browsers.

I can only think the code is being sent by microsost via sms to my phone, but not getting through the google server/chrome, I press send code and nothing happens so it may be a fault on google/chrome linking to microsoft servers? or something with the phone system sms faulty when using chrome for some reason. 

I have googled the problem and nothing coming up-

Has anyone else had this issue with the  chrome browser lately?

note- "failed" update on windows11-download error, may be the reason-

2023-01 Cumulative Update Preview for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for Windows 11, version 22H2 for x64 (KB5022404)

I will try to update windows 11 again.

Windows has now updated OK but chrome will still not complete the sms code for outlook.com email

Still a mystery?- is it just me?

Thank you for that information ALF28. With what you have advised it may be worth reporting this to Google directly. 

If you follow these next steps it will advised how to Report an issue or send feedback: 

1. On your computer, open Chrome.
  2. At the top-right, click More More.
  3. Click Help and then Report an issue.
  4. Add details, including steps to help us recreate the issue that you're experiencing.
  5. Choose if you want to include more information in your report, such as a web address, your email address or a screenshot.
  6. To submit the report, click Send.
    ^Martin

Thanks,

I have sent feedback about chrome with my email address

It advises to look at the google chrome forum, I may try that.

The edge browser still works on 2FA sms to mobile, however I noticed a delay longer than ususual, so it could be issues with either microsoft or my mobile operator which uses the the 02 network, but chrome still a problem.

Google Chrome browser-2FA outlook.com email login fault now rectified but double log in needed.

The problem has resolved overnight, and I can now login to my outlook.com email today, used for my VM account using the chrome browser.

The only unusual thing was that having logged into my Microsoft account using 2FA via the chrome browser,I could not click on the outlook email without having to log in again with 2FA for a second time, I can not recall that before, it said it was for security. purposes.?

So still not sure if the issue was down to Microsoft, google chrome or my phone company or communications between them or some other reason.

To be on the safe side I logged out of all devices in the advanced security page in manage my Microsoft account.

Hi ALF28 👋 thank you for returning to the thread to keep us updated! 

Just as a heads up there are also some ongoing issues with our webmail service at the moment - i do wonder if this has contributed! You can read more about it here 👉 +++Known Issue+++ Email Disruption - F010434911 - Virgin Media Community - 5244530

Hopefully any issues have been negated with your safety precautions but please continue to keep us updated and request further assistance if needed!

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly