Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

COMPLAINT - Very Poor Customer Service and Poor Broadband Services

I am truly fed up with the Poor Customer Service and Poor Broadband Service... we have been Virgin Customers since the old NTL days and have hit the final straw. A few weeks back there were intermittent to NO internet issues with the broadband service, called up and got told categorically it is the router and the sent out a replacement.

Router arrived few days later and setup, still experienced the same issues and a week later internet gone back to intermittent/NO internet. Rang up and complained, no apology or fix, instead passed to technical team who explained that is an upgrade in the area to the faster service and that there will be impacts couple days and another couple days the week after. This is very very poor Virgin as surely there should be communication to customers notifying them of service impacts?? In my anger gave I gave the 30 days notice.

So normally it wouldn't be such a big issue, but we are a household of 3 doctors (2 GP's and 1 Hospital) and it would normally not be an issue (as we work from surgerys which are now closed and using video calls) as internet would not be a life or death requirement but during these covid restriction times the GP's need regular stable internet to complete video conferencing calls in order to view and provide urgent medical attention to their patients, many of whom have contracted the virus.

I explained this to Virgin who didn't seem to care and nor have I had anyone call me back to resolve or support this issue and help fix the contract which is due to end in a few days...HELP!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: COMPLAINT - Very Poor Customer Service and Poor Broadband Services

Good Morning no_internet 

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to see you've been having issues with your connection

Have you been made aware that congestion has been recognised in the local area?

This has been dated from 15/04 and will run until 24/06

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thanks David. We should have been informed of this and would have made alternative arrangements if we had known.

Also can someone from Virgin contact me if they are interested in keeping our custom and to provide services that work??

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

is there a retentions team who can contact?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Our contracts team can be contacted on 150 from a Virgin Media landline or 0345 454 1111 option 1 then option 4.

Alternatively if you text us your query for free on 07533 051 809 ^ between 7am and 11pm Monday to Friday, 8am and 8pm Saturday to Sunday and a member of our team will be happy to help. 

Rob

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Rob. How can I make sure Im speaking to someone that can help with contracts and actually listen and help?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

how can I speak to the outbound retentions team?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

You can’t.

You first deal with Retentions by phone and if you can’t accept their offer, you cancel.

Only then, you MAY get a call from outbound retentions.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I have spoken to rententions a long while ago and had no call from outbound team..is there anyway to contact someone who can appreciate the poor service and is interested in keeping custom?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

the outbound team is that.. outbound, you can't call into them

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos