Menu
Boldaman
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

CATV cover adjustment for dropped kerb

Hi, need permission to have the CATV cove4 sloped so I can drop the kerb outside my house,after someone from the Virgin Team to get in touch please👍

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: CATV cover adjustment for dropped kerb

In some previous enquiries on the same subject, [Removed] has been suggested as a point of contact for these works.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Boldaman
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: CATV cover adjustment for dropped kerb

Thanks for the info, will drop them a message 🤓👍

0 Kudos
Boldaman
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

CATV cover sloping for drop kerb🤬🤬☹️

Seriously shocked, want the kerb dropping extending outside my house and there is a CATV cover and a Waterboard cover that need sloping. These covers are about 4 inches apart.

The local Waterboard looked at the photo I sent ,done some checks and gave permission for the approved company to proceed without issue or charge👍
Virgin Media want £240 just to come out and look and prepare a quote for the CATV cover to be sloped by about an inch🤬🤬!! Is this a joke!!

I have been with Virgin for years but this is just daylight robbery!!!! Anyone else had this kind of issue with dropping a kerb!!!

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: CATV cover sloping for drop kerb🤬🤬☹️

My understanding is that the £240 is a survey charge that would apply to all - whether you're a customer or not doesn't come into it.

That's certainly a figure that consistently gets brought up with queries about cabinet moves.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Boldaman wrote:

<snip>

I have been with Virgin for years but this is just daylight robbery!!!! Anyone else had this kind of issue with dropping a kerb!!!

£240 is the standard VM survey fee for this kind of work which is often mentioned on here. Without wishing to discourage you too much (but you did ask) here is another recent-ish 'kerb-dropping' topic

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/VM-manhole-cover-in-new-drop-kerb/t...

Are you talking about a large cover for a chamber beneath or just the little cover plate for your individual property?

Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Boldaman

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - we are sorry to understand that you are not happy with the quote for the survey. As mentioned by our users, this is a standard charge for this sort of enquiry. 

Unfortunately it's not just as simple as changing a cover to a sloping cover and checks will need to be done to see how this may impact our overall infrastructure of our network. Once the survey has been completed, we will then be in touch to advise if we are able to make any changes needed or not and if so how much this would cost - you would be liable for the cost of any works needed to move or adjust our cabinets/floor cabinets.  

Please do be advised that these sort of request can be in the thousands. 

This would be the same for both customers and non-customers alike. 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Boldaman
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the info and link which I have read in full and WOW is all I can say to that, pretty shocking but not a surprise, think i will end my pursuit of this as I have the option to extend the dropped kerb still but not as far as the covers so it’s not all in vain.

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Cheers for popping back @Boldaman

Hope the changes go ahead well for you - sorry we we're unable to assist further

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos