cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CARS Ltd debt collectors for mysterious bill from 2020

xtremedetailz
Tuning in

I renewed my contract back in March 2020 but then cancelled within allocated timeframe which i assume is 14days.
when i cancelled i was told there would be no bill due and that i would be cut off etc from said date.

Now i have had nothing since then and now out of the blue got an email and text message from CARS Ltd saying i owe £201.92 from Virgin Media. Now i never had any correspondence or letters or emails nothing from Virgin Media during this nearly 3 years to say i owe a balance. My payments were setup by Direct Debit anyway so shouldnt they have taken the last payment that way if there was any outstanding amounts ?

So i have been on the phone numerous times and have got confirmation of nil balance sent by email and also spoke to someone from customer service that my account shouldnt have had any balance as my account was cancelled in April 2020 and account was settled in July 2020 (i assume it was after they got the HUB back).

I was then told by the same CS person to email the creditfileammendments Team and get them to cleanse/wipe any traces and defaults that would have been left.

So i did then got an email back from them saying i needed to contact a debt recovery company for the ammount of £201.92 and they would not do anything on my credit file until the debt was settled. (and they would probs only put account settled anyway)

The thing is im due to remortgage my house in the next 2 months and this has probably messed me up big time.

What do i do ????

3 REPLIES 3

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

On the off-chance the forum team maybe able to help resolve this issue it has been flagged to them however be aware it can take them a few hours / days to respond.

In the meantime collect and correlate all information you have concerning the issue and then consider seeking further advice from:

NB do not be pressured / tempted into settling a debt that is not yours as in doing so you are accepting it is owed.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @xtremedetailz

Welcome to the community forums 

Sorry to hear about your concerns with your bill and an owing amount on an older account. If there is nothing owning on your account, then it can take up to 28 days for the credit to be amended. I can certainly look into this for you, please join me on private message so we can locate the account and pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page in the envelope icon

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thank you for joining me on private message @xtremedetailz

I do hope that I have been able to calm any worries you had regarding your account. If you have any further issues, pop back here to this Community thread and we'll support further if needed.

If you believe the issue to be resolved you can mark the thread as resolved by clicking the helpful answer given and this will show anyone else having issue that an answer was given and direct them to the post, alternatively you can just like or 'kudos' the post if it helped you. 

All the best, 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley